DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 22962 - August 23rd 2013

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

This update is going live now :slight_smile:

Change Log:

[ul]
[li]Added the first pass of pliers proficiency to the characters (using place-holder assets):
[/li][li]Engineers @ 100%
[/li][li]Assault & Fire Support @ 35%
[/li][li]Medics & Recon @ 20%
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Fixed issue where clients were unable to connect to passworded servers
[/li][li]Fragger (aka Dazzler) & Conker now have pistols as secondary weapons
[/li][li]T-Ratā€™s primary weapon has been switched out for a faster-firing SMG
[/li][li]Increased the fire-rate of Fraggerā€™s (aka Dazzler) Machine Gun, reducing damage and increasing clip size to compensate
[/li][li]Switched Ammo and AoE Damage ability keys around for Skyhammer, Arty & BBQ
[/li][li]Significant increased player air-control
[/li][/ul]

(Smooth) #2

PS. Apologies as this update will require a full download of the game data again.

This will be automatic, itā€™ll just take a while for some of you :frowning:

(Violator) #3

Nice stuff - <smugmode>gonna take about 8 mins on my mega fibre</smugmode> looking forward to testing :slight_smile:

(Raviolay) #4

Just gave it a go repairing the EV with both the medic and fops, 35% is too fast IMO, if you are going to stick with this proficiency system 20% is fine (near useless). I donā€™t think medics or fops should have pliers however. They already have a team based reason to play there respective classes, & to be perfectly honest I donā€™t think it makes sense that everybody has the knowledge and skill set to repair equipmentā€¦ unless all the mercs have high MENSA scores.

(Attackmack) #5

^^ Good for youuuuuuuuU!

(Ruben0s) #6

canā€™t get into the option menu with the new patch

(slanir) #7

just played one round!

+for additional air control

-canā€™t see enemies/friendlies as clearly. team lights seem to have disappeared (unless itā€™s my settingsā€¦)

(Violator) #8

Server keeps crashing 10 secs after LB starts.

(.FROST.) #9

More air-control again, sounds sweet, already liked it from the last update, but a full DL for those^ few things? Whatever, Iā€™ll play a couple rounds SSF4AE in the meantime and come back to test the whole thing when the DL is done; hope Iā€™m not alone on the server by then(+2hrs from now).

(n4ts) #10

can anyone tell me what air control means?

(Violator) #11

Means you can move around more while in mid-air (ie mid jump).

(n4ts) #12

Ok, thanks for the help man! :wink:

(Rex) #13

[ul]
[li]The new air control is a very good improvement, much better now. Still the major problem remains, when you hit the ground you drop like a sack potatoes.[/li][li]T-Ratā€™s new weapon has the feeling of being a soldier. :confused: Maybe different ā€˜gun holding animationsā€™ could help?[/li][*] Controls are right again :)[/ul]

(Protekt1) #14

Waterloo map is still broken for TDM, or whatever it is called.

(DB Genome editor) #15

Still have to sit this one out for 45 minsā€¦ :frowning:

In the meantime, can anyone confirm if the ā€œpliers proficiencyā€ applies to planting / defusing as well as building / repairing? In other words, has the Engie ousted the Soldier as the main C4-planting class?

Iā€™d like to meet your car mechanic, I donā€™t think I ever met one that qualified as MENSA material :tongue:

(RasteRayzeR) #16

Downloading ā€¦ will be ready to try TOMORROW ! :smiley:

(en2ie) #17

Canā€™t answer this as I have 25mins left to wait, but this post from another thread might help.

To update:

Engineer can plant fast too.

(Violator) #18

Donā€™t like the new T-Rat MP :frowning: Has a huge ROF but does no damage - have had literally a dozen dings and the enemy doesnā€™t drop :frowning: I am now a convert to BBQā€™s primary though.

(Wezelkrozum) #19

I will be online in approximately 2 hours if anybody is still online at that time.

(mazesc) #20

Molotov cocktail and frag grenade are on opposite / inconsistent keys now.