Dirty Bomb Closed Alpha Progress Update - August 21st 2013

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up as to what’s coming in the next game update.

We’re not yet in a position to release everything we’ve been working on but we do want to get these specific balance tweaks to you as soon as possible.

We hope to update this Friday afternoon but if we run in to any issues it will need to be delayed until Monday.

Change Log:

[ul]
[li]Added the first pass of pliers proficiency to the characters (using place-holder assets):
[/li][li]Engineers @ 100%
[/li][li]Assault & Fire Support @ 35%
[/li][li]Medics & Recon @ 20%
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Fixed issue where clients were unable to connect to passworded servers
[/li][li]Fragger (aka Dazzler) & Conker now have pistols as secondary weapons
[/li][li]T-Rat’s primary weapon has been switched out for a faster-firing SMG
[/li][li]Increased the fire-rate of Fragger’s (aka Dazzler) Machine Gun, reducing damage and increasing clip size to compensate
[/li][li]Switched Ammo and AoE Damage ability keys around for Skyhammer, Arty & BBQ
[/li][li]Significant increased player air-control
[/li][/ul]

(DarkangelUK) #2

I’m guessing the proficiencies stack? So 3 assults will accumulate to 105% speed etc or is there a modifier to how much speed increase you get vs the amount of players active on the objective?

(Kl3ppy) #3

Good question, I hope for a multiplier than for accumulated speed.

(Samurai.) #4

The significant increased player air control sounds interesting, can you expand anymore on what that actually involves? (surely what we can achieve in the air is dependent on movement speed and jumping capabilities??)

Also glad you gave the soldiers some normal pistols, about time … Hoping fraggers new Machine gun will operate closer to a ETQW GPMG type of weapon! (Large hip spread but tight/easy to handle ironsight spread)

(pulley) #5

how long are 100% speed? 10 Seconds?
So a Medic will need 50 Seconds? XD Its like going back to the class system nice :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #6

[QUOTE=pulley;464314]how long are 100% speed? 10 Seconds?
So a Medic will need 50 Seconds? XD Its like going back to the class system nice :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what I call hybrid system, classless objectives but certain mercs (classes) have an advantage on certain objectives. Cant wait to test it :slight_smile:

(Bangtastic) #7

that would mean 3 engies do it 300%. I think its ok when 100 per cent is the maximum

(DarkangelUK) #8

I’d rather have a multiplier in there somewhere. 1 engie 100%, 2 engie’s 150%, 3 engie’s 175% etc.

(Tankey) #9

Yep this. Otherwise you could spawn one time with 5 engineers and get a rate of 500% 0,o

(Raviolay) #10

Would it not be better to have engineers required to do any repairs (at a much lower rate 50%) and the other classes can chip in if the engineer(s) dies then it stops? As that system while still better than the crud currently in place, still ultimately makes & will always make engineer rather pointless. Unless you hand out defibs, health packs & ammo packs to everyone. Then throw proficiency rating on them dependent on class, like defib has % chance of working, ammo packs & health packs are fewer with less ammo if not using the right class. My reasoning is why does the engineer have to be gimped in purpose to push this direction & not the others?

(shaftz0r) #11

exactly. whats wrong with that? some of the best moments in rtcw/et “ok ENGI RUSH” everyone runs out of spawn and dives on a build or a dyno

(Kl3ppy) #12

I dont see why this should be bad? The disarm with 1 engie does take let’s say 10 secs.
So if the speeds cumulate, the speed of 2 engies is 200% -> 10sec1/2 (100/200)= 5secs
3 engies: 300% -> 10sec
1/3 = 3,33 sec
4 engies: 400% -> 10sec1/4 = 2,5 sec
5 engies : 500% -> 10sec
1/5=2 sec

As you can see, the most benefit is when you use 3 instead of 1 engie. I dont have a prob with that. The thing which worries me most is, that the additional speed from other classes than the engie are to high and the reward of using only engie rush is spoiled. But let’s wait and see :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #13

The stacking behaviour won’t be changing with this update :slight_smile:

I believe it’s currently limited to a maximum speed of 400% but that’s the only restraint we have on it.

(Violator) #14

[QUOTE=Smooth;464308]Hi all,

[li]Fragger (aka Dazzler) & Conker now have pistols as secondary weapons
[/li][li]T-Rat’s primary weapon has been switched out for a faster-firing SMG
[/li][/LIST][/QUOTE]

The quest to nerf the two chars I can play continues - T-Rat’s primary rocks, please don’t remove it ;( (keeping quiet about recon classes ;))
Fragger’s MG is the only effective primary left for the soldier class, so why was this changed? Glad the shotties have been removed though ;).

Liking the plier proficiency though, its a step back in the right direction at least :).

(ailmanki) #15

An objective can be only completed with a certain max speed. Lets go from 5vs5.
5 Engis = max speed.

1 Enginner = 1:1 = 20% = 100%
-> Medic = 1:6 = 3.3% = 16%
-> Fops = 1:5 = 4% = 20%
-> Assualt =1 :4 = 5% = 25%
-> Sniper = 1:3 = 6.6% = 33%

on the other hand simplicity might be good. So only 3 different speeds, as SD suggests.

(en2ie) #16

Yes agreed, its hard to judge the classless objectives without the proficiencies (or at least a first attempt at them).

[/li]
Awesome, this will help me stop throwing airstrike markers instead of ammo packs …although I have been playing BBQ alot so I can see myself throwing molotovs now by accident! :smiley:

[/li]
So an engineer would also plant at 100% etc, or by “pliers” do you mean for repairing objectives only?

(INF3RN0) #17

[QUOTE=Samurai.;464313]
Also glad you gave the soldiers some normal pistols, about time … Hoping fraggers new Machine gun will operate closer to a ETQW GPMG type of weapon! (Large hip spread but tight/easy to handle ironsight spread)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The soldier needs to be sacrificing speed for that huge damage+accuracy combo. Then most classes can compete with him more consistently if they are landing headshots.

(INF3RN0) #18

I read about it in the last patch, and this is about what I expected as the next step. People probably just overlooked it is all :wink:.

(montheponies) #19

I’d prefer to see the stacking limited to two characters - removes the lemming approach and also adds a slight tactical element as you’d want your fastest characters on the objective.

Would like to see the echo stats for class use since the nerf of the medic in the previous patch - subjectively I’d say the LT is now the most overused character - personally hoping that at least one medic character gets a boost in terms of stopping power to bring him in line with the LT (same goes for the engineer).

(INF3RN0) #20

This is something I would be for trying as well.