Objectives per map

(Anti) #1

This is part two of two quick forum polls I’d like to run.

A lot of you folks have mentioned you’d like to see shorter matches/less objectives, so in each case I’d like to get some idea what sort of duration/objective frequency you’d prefer.

This poll is for the number of objectives.

How many objectives would you like to see in an Objective match or in a half of a Stopwatch match?

(rookie1) #2

1 to 3 even 4 depend of map theme
Some map could be very fun with only 1 like doc run other better more …all depend of the map idea

(Mustang) #3

3 with 2/3 side objectives on 60% of the maps
2 with 3/4 side objectives on 40% of the maps
4 with 1/2 side objectives on 10% of the maps

(Winnie) #4

[QUOTE=Anti;463489]This is part two of two quick forum polls I’d like to run.

A lot of you folks have mentioned you’d like to see shorter matches/less objectives, so in each case I’d like to get some idea what sort of duration/objective frequency you’d prefer.

This poll is for the number of objectives.

How many objectives would you like to see in an Objective match or in a half of a Stopwatch match?[/QUOTE]

3 or less is fine for me, + side objectives + capturable spawn

good exemple : radar, oasis, island, salvage, sewer, volcano, aquarium…

(Kl3ppy) #5

I voted for 3 or less.
I want to have some additional side objectives, I prefer when the side objectives can be used by both side, e.g. building a wall as defender and when the wall is build, the attackers can blow it up to open the route again. Or hack a door which is than active for attacker for like 30 secs and then need to be hacked again, defender covie can unhack the door etc. We already have the pump objectives, just extend this and create more of them. Also I want to see more forward spawns :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #6

3 or less main obj’s with 4 or less side objectives.

(ImageOmega) #7

Is Waterloo the shortest of all the maps right now in terms of number of objectives?

I voted for two or less not counting side objectives or capturing forward spawns. I feel like what people are voting for is not consistent with what has been said previously. Since, if we don’t count the barricades, London Bridge could be considered a 3 objective map. Maybe also a point by point analysis of each map’s objectives would help people really say what they want.

(Protekt1) #8

I guess LB counts as a 3 obj map. I’d range of 2-4. I guess I am not really feeling well ne way or the other yet so I’m not going to vote yet.

(montheponies) #9

2 or less.

I can live with one primary objective and a couple of secondary’s - some of the most exciting maps are ones where you can complete the primary objective right from the start (eg beach, ice, frostbite, Assualt…)

(Kendle) #10

I guess strictly speaking LB is 6 objectives :-

1. Get the EV moving
  2. 1st barrier
  3. 2nd barrier
  4. Data cores
  5. 3rd barrier
  6. Get the EV home

I’d prefer :-

1. Get the EV moving
  2. 1st barrier (EV stops on bridge to blow doors)
  3. Run the data cores to wherever

So maybe number of objectives is mis-leading, it’s more a case of distinct stages. In LB its get the EV to the HQ, get the cores out, get the EV home, you just have additional minor objectives (that you can still get stuck on) along the way. I just think 3 “blow something up” objectives on 1 map is excessive.

(BMXer) #11

[QUOTE=Winnie;463502]3 or less is fine for me, + side objectives + capturable spawn

good exemple : radar, oasis, island, salvage, sewer, volcano, aquarium…[/QUOTE]

This^^^^^^^

(Raviolay) #12

As the game currently stands even with “too many” objectives that matches are over fast so I would rather not poll until SD bother implement to there much vaunted proficiency system.

(Hundopercent) #13

Anti, the poll is somewhat ambiguous.

2 primary objectives is enough for me and probably most others, however if you include side objectives I would almost shoot for 3-5.

(Humate) #14

3 with side objectives and forward spawns.

(rookie1) #15

I see LB’s Barriers as side objectives

(Runeforce) #16

I always loved the 3+, like refinary, slipgate and (…erhm…) quarry. But “threes” can be perfect too, like salvage, island and the ark. It depends on the flow and difficulty of the objectives. No less than three, pls.

(Kendle) #17

Except they’re not because you can’t NOT do them. Side objectives are things you can do (like capture a command post in ET) but don’t have to do in order to complete the match (at least, that’s how I’ve always thought of them).

(Runeforce) #18

But you can, as the defense. You can choose not to do them. You are encouraged, but they are not automatic. They are side objectives in the sense that the objective is on the defense, not primary offensive objectives.

(rookie1) #19

you Can raise a Barricade …if you want and You Can don’t raise them also …idk how SD consider them but for me its Not an main objectives

(Kendle) #20

Hmm, OK, but it’s splitting hairs I think. The command post on Radar (ET) for example is what I call a side objective, neither team has to go anywhere near it if they don’t want to. On LB defense get plenty of time to build 1 and 2, the chances of the them not doing so are slim and they gain no tactical advantage from not doing so.

But either way, LB has “too many things to do” and “takes too long”, IMHO. :slight_smile: