How do you want ADS to work in DB?

(slanir) #1

I’ve noticed that people have a lot of different opinions on how the ‘aiming-down-sight’ feature in db should be handled.

I’m not a fan of ads in its current form. In my opinion holding down the ADS button should just decrease your fov a bit (a slight zoom) and the weapon accuracy/stability should remain unaffected if you use ads or not.

Lets see if we can get some feedback gathered here for the developers. :slight_smile:

(prophett) #2

I think it should only have an advantage with regard to accuracy/spread at very long ranges.

(Nail) #3

ads should severely affect hit points, try hipfire in real life to understand you can’t hit anything

(Erkin31) #4

I didn’t know that DB is a simulation…

I think it should only have an advantage with regard to accuracy/spread at very long ranges.

Agree with that (like in ETQW), but my prefered solution is a game without ADS.

(Dthy) #5

I’d like ADS to work like it did in QW.

(slanir) #6

Like increased accuracy in trade for lower rate of fire?

(prophett) #7

Same ROF, increased accuracy/lower spread at very long range. In every other instance, hip fire would be the preferred method.

(Mustang) #8

ADS is too powerful right now, or at least hipfire is too gimped.

(Nail) #9

went to the range, tried hitting a 15cm target at 25 meters, was surprised, hip shoot 30% after 3 shots

(Cognito) #10

Personally I think ADS should really just be a zoom function, by which I of course mean it should not affect any weapon stats and would be used for trying to hit targets at long range. Ideally for me there would be no iron sights/scope associated with the “zoom” at all, but I suspect that ship sailed a decade ago unfortunately.

(rapid_shot) #11

DB doesn’t feel like an ADS game. I feel like it was included to appease those newer FPS players who can’t go around a corner without first ADS. I miss the good ol’ days when crouching was your ADS.

I did some testing this afternoon with the ADS vs hip-fire with the new FOps and the ADS made the creep maybe just 15% better than hip-fire. Doesn’t seem like enough to make it reliable long range and the drawbacks of using it short range are many. Part of me likes what Cognito said about it being just a zoom but under the condition that the creep is significantly reduced in hip-fire.

(Attackmack) #12

Real life should have nothing to do with this game, there are many other games to be more accurate in that area.

On the subject, for someone who just barely played for a few hours so far, my first feeling was that the ironsights just doesnt feel right.
I cant say any reason other then it puts the thoughts to COD/BF, and I dont want this game mimicing those in any way.

The game doesnt need ironsights, and i dont even think it needs any kind of zoom function to replace it. Give us a weapon and a button to shoot it with and that should do.

(Volcano) #13

if SD is willing to do more major changes we should give no ads a go with the next lot of weapon balances next patch.
in saying that though removal of the IS takes away one of SD’s source of income from micotransactions

(Ruben0s) #14

ADS is fine as it is now. I really enjoy it.

(Raviolay) #15

Just treat is as zoom no movement penalty, no reduction in spread & reduce the spread in general & give the option to replace sights with a crosshair zoom.

(Kl3ppy) #16

This + it’s finally useable! If you don’t like it, don’t use it!

(Seiniyta) #17

I really don’t see the need for ADS aside from sniper anyway. The game’s too fast paced for it to be even too useful anyway. And there’s PLENTY of other shooters where ADS is a major part of the gameplay. It doesn’t need to be in DB.

(TacTicToe) #18

You obviously haven’t leveled up then, or selected the correct perk. :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #19

ADS in DB is far away from being a major part. It is in DB and it is good that it’s in DB. The current ADS is fine, I really like it!
If you dont like it, fine, then just dont use it.

Like Dthy said, the ADS from etqw is fine.

(Erkin31) #20

This is the best solutions for me.

This + it’s finally useable! If you don’t like it, don’t use it!

Don’t use a system which is effective to frag ? This is not a solution, unless you can force all players of a server to don’t use it.