Catering to Playstyles within fixed classes.

(Raviolay) #1

OK I don’t like the new update purely based on the the agnostic objectives. Every other idea the focus on charterers unique ability’s & alternate weapons I can agree with. Personally I just believe that from a base gameplay perspective, it’s taking away complexity for the sake of a easy fix for the flaws in the map design. I am adamant that you can cater to playstyles, have unique ability’s & alternate weapons without having agnostic objectives. Thus retaining the tactical play that can only manifest when you have fixed roles for objectives, eg: focus down certain classes & stack classes to counter the other teams composition.

Hear is a few class variants off the top of my head with my rational behind the loadout.

Ranged Engineer

DRM rifle, fires is tri-burst from the hip and semi-auto in ADS with a 4X optical scope.
Sawned off shotgun (over under) only useful at extreme close range.
Smoke Grenade.
EOD BOT to repair/disarm from cover.
Blowtorch.

So this set up allows for you to smoke the objective, and send in the bot to do the dirty work. When/if that fails you can pick off the targets at a distance. The close in to repair/defuse hands on, the shotgun giving you a fighting chance when you have to get your hand dirty. However due to it being a one shot and reload deal, not OP IMO.

Ranged Medic

FOPS AR equivalent.
Glock burst pistol.
No nades.
Defib.
Adrenal shot. Brings back teamates from a gibed state to DBNO for defib.

This class has no self heal, but better combat utility (something argued about before and apparently no one would play due to no self heal). This playstyle is a mid to long range medic, who sits back & can risk himself to completely turn the tide of a match.

Close quarter Spec ops.

Silenced P90.
Crossbow.
Deployable TOW Launcher.
Rocket guidance phone (see below).

So you have close range firepower, and some medium range effectiveness with the crossbow, the TOW launcher acts like a deployable turret. Well as a turret in the sense that you can’t jump in it and use it, how it work is as thus. Once placed it has an 180 degree range of movement controlled by the Spec ops phone. The spec ops can then fire and guide the rocket, when used there is a cool down equivalent to the field ops drone strike. After and before the TOW is fired you can use it also to spot targets, & and it will auto spot targets that come into it’s field of view when not under direct control.

Now I admit not a tremendous amount of thought has go into this, however the first two at least I believe would still fit in with the pre-patch fixed classes/roles.

(Protekt1) #2

I disagree and feel its way way way too early to make a judgment yet. The build hasn’t been out for a day yet ><

(BomBaKlaK) #3

Waiting for it since few month and got no need to test it anymore for the moment !
Already looking for another game, look like I just waste my time and money over here.

(ImageOmega) #4

Adding load outs doesn’t fix the problem that people don’t want to play the classes that do the objectives or that people are clueless as to what objective they should be completing and what class is needed to do so.

Agnostic objectives fixes that by giving a crutch to the team while letting people play whatever they want. The people who have a clue will play whatever class suits them and be able to make their team succeed based on doing objectives. Which I personally think is not the way to go either, but I have not tested the patch yet. My personal feeling is that there is one class who does all the objectives and all the other classes add situational utility to the team.

(Protekt1) #5

I don’t like the idea of a shotgun that has the potential to 1hk bodyshot. Other than that I am okay with seeing a sawed off shotgun with 1 shot in it.

Allow me to elaborate my position about the classes doing objectives. For me, I feel this is the way to go. I don’t think gamers, core and casuals excluding hardcore/ET fans, are going to like it being forced to play a certain class to just plant a c4 or repair the EV. Side objectives… on the other hand, maybe. Its probably best to not over-complicate it.

However, they should make it much slower to complete objectives off-class. The pump took my FOPs about 15-20 seconds to repair all on my own. Maybe that could be longer? Maybe that is about right… dunno. If it takes engineer half the time to do the same construction objectives, than teams may see a use for them. And a quick disarm of the c4 could be a difference between win and loss. So I don’t see class based objectives completely gone just due to the change. What they should do is really give a steep penalty to FOPs/medics and good bonuses to engineer/soldier/covops but only for their respective expertise of construction/demolition/hacking respectively.