The random idea thread

(acQu) #1

I thought: a container thread with all random ideas you have during gameplay could be cool. Just to have a place to … er … place them.

• slidewalk on walls with jump mechanic from the wall.
  • double tab forward to sprint so the shift-key can be used to slide walk.
  • make ironsights bigger (i assume this is your pay-to-win model lol)

Hoping you take this serious :slight_smile: Go ahead, all random ideas place them here. Cheers!

(RasteRayzeR) #2

I want the EV to be piloted by a tapir that’s gone berserk

(acQu) #3

LOL

• well, make a visual effect so that when you reload, empty magazines fall to the ground a short amount of time (would be a cool visual effect)
  • actually, rework your ironsight mechanic (i see you are unsure what to do about this, i suggest making it equal to hip fire totally, that would just require to remove the zig zagging imo).

(acQu) #4

Here another one: i just encourage everyone to just write down his thoughts while he play.

• Make grenades ressupliable. Keep a limit of 1 to 2 nades at max, and let fieldop ammo packages resupply grenade amount.

(Dormamu) #5
  • The i-Mobot Boomba 666 enemy cleaner - pretty much like it’s brother “Roomba 555” except it’s a mine who moves on strait surfaces and explodes in the proximity of enemy players or if he bumps into them :smiley:
  • i-Mobot Froomba 999 enemy cleaner - a flying mine Frisbee :D, explodes on impact or by pressing alt fire. If you are fast enough, you can shoot it or try to catch it by pressing the random key appearing on your screen (think fast or die trying :D)

(Mustang) #6

Poor acQu getting trolled. :frowning:

Your ideas are good, it’s just that there is a thread for each of these already and devs have repeatedly asked that we split each idea into it’s own thread.

(acQu) #7

If trolling me results in getting the game better, i am all for that. Love the ideas so far :smiley:

(stealth6) #8

Need real team names so I can start role playing. “Hey other mercs, you guys are jerks!” isn’t doing much for me.

(Dormamu) #9
  • Aim challenge/training for new players. Some kind of tennis ball throwing machine shooting at you grenades, rockets and Froomba’s. From easy (1 machine) to hard (3+ machines). With waves, ladder and achievements :smiley:
  • Help for the new players to understand what they need to do, something like the Batman: Arkham Asylum Detective Mode, with the pres of a button (“Z”) you are presented with a detective mode who will highlight the paths to the obj, the obj, the downed players if you are a medic, who needs ammo if you are a FdOps, big icons, arrows, what key you need to press, an interactive tutorial in real time :smiley: etc. This will be available until (let’s say level 3) you learn the ropes :smiley:

P.S. I am not trolling with i-Mobot Boomba/Froomba :D.

(Nickeee) #10

This game needs more trolling

(acQu) #11

New random ideas:

• 360 knife finish = 1000 xp :stuck_out_tongue:
  • supplied ammo amount per pack given by fieldop should be reduced to 1 mag, let him do more work, reduce chargebar reduction per given pack so he can throw more
  • i really would like to see health packs non-health-over-time and also want to work harder to resupply my mates so that it makes you do stuff more

(Runeforce) #12

-Character animated and audible social emotes :slight_smile:

/tapirdance

/tbag

(DB Genome editor) #13

Humorous taunts, ideally context sensitive and tailored to the last significant action you performed (kill, carriable delivery, disabling the EV, etc…)

(ailmanki) #14

Pineapple rocket boots!

(1-800-NOTHING) #15

-covert ops hologram generator ability. a decoy, basically, with limited energy and drained when shot at (like the cloaking ability).
-using pliers to pinch people. they don’t take damage, but they do say “OW!”

(stealth6) #16

[QUOTE=1-800-NOTHING;460369]-covert ops hologram generator ability. a decoy, basically, with limited energy and drained when shot at (like the cloaking ability).
-using pliers to pinch people. they don’t take damage, but they do say “OW!”[/QUOTE]

Love the decoy idea, I suggested it too ages ago, but I can’t find the post. As for pliers, Yes! Purple nurple :smiley:

(tokamak) #17

It’s not going to do a whole lot but a wall jump ability would be nice. It would be DB’s version of strafejumping which would be confined to trick jumping and escapting rather than combat.

(infamousDB) #18

I don’t think a wall jump would be a good idea. I’ve seen how the wall jump works in urban terror and it makes everything very messy.
In W:ET trickjumping had many advantages. You could reach areas where you otherwise couldn’t come. Although this is nice to have, this wasn’t the most important reason for trickjumping (for me). Trickjumping/strafing also enabled a way of walking faster. If mastered correctly, this could give a pretty huge advantage during doc runs. This is a feature that gives an extra skill to master in the game, which made the game a lot more fun.

(tokamak) #19

The wall jumps in UT3 were great. Very subtle and controlled. They were mostly used to get a leg up somewhere higher.

Not saying that SMART should be reintroduced, just that it’s been done before on the engine and it’s done well.

(infamousDB) #20

[QUOTE=tokamak;460383]The wall jumps in UT3 were great. Very subtle and controlled. They were mostly used to get a leg up somewhere higher.

Not saying that SMART should be reintroduced, just that it’s been done before on the engine and it’s done well.[/QUOTE]

The walljumps were pretty good yes, but you have to keep in mind that ut is a much faster paced game than DB at the moment is (probably counts for ET too). Also with the matchstick hitboxes is don’t see anyone hitting a player flying through the map with the walljumps. Strafing therefore is a lot slower. If it’s the strafing from ET or UT doesn’t matter that much. Both are not mastered in 1 2 3.