(William Faure) #1

(colvin3000) #2

on time , glad to see your post

(William Faure) #3

Thank you. :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #4

Looks good. :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #5

Thanks @Ronboy. Now The Dark Army is finally accepted on ModDB as you can see by clicking-here.

(William Faure) #6

Click-here to watch the Short Action Scene Gameplay Video of The Dark Army.

(ronboy) #7

I have some bad news for you. I may not get to play your addon, because my computer is running Windows 7. I had to use patched versions of the files cgamex86.dll and qagamex86.dll in order to play any Rtcw map. Your mod will have different versions of those 2 .dll files, which will overwrite the patched versions on my computer. That basically means that my Rtcw game will be unusable. :frowning:

I have tried the Additional Weapons Mod by Alexandre on a different Windows 7 computer, but I couldn’t play any maps, not even the original maps.
Luckily, I had a backup of the 2 .dll files, and restoring them fixed the problem. I suggest staying with the default weapons instead, otherwise I will be unable to play your addon. Again, I’m sorry for bringing the sudden bad news. :frowning:

(William Faure) #8

[QUOTE=ronboy;458109]I have some bad news for you. I may not get to play your addon, because my computer is running Windows 7. I had to use patched versions of the files cgamex86.dll and qagamex86.dll in order to play any Rtcw map. Your mod will have different versions of those 2 .dll files, which will overwrite the patched versions on my computer. That basically means that my Rtcw game will be unusable. :frowning:

I have tried the Additional Weapons Mod by Alexandre on a different Windows 7 computer, but I couldn’t play any maps, not even the original maps.
Luckily, I had a backup of the 2 .dll files, and restoring them fixed the problem. I suggest staying with the default weapons instead, otherwise I will be unable to play your addon. Again, I’m sorry for bringing the sudden bad news. :([/QUOTE]

Don’t worry about this, I will make a two versions for Windows :

[ul]
[li] The Dark Army ( Windows XP / Vista )
[/li][li] The Dark Army ( Windows Seven )
[/li][/ul]

I was sure that someone will talk to me about this problem. So I’m prepared to release two Windows versions. The Windows Seven version will be the same as the Windows XP / Vista version, but without the addition of weapons.

So don’t worry, you will be able to play my game. :smiley:

(ronboy) #9

That’s a relief. :slight_smile: You must be a very dedicated mapper to make 2 versions of your addon for different Windows versions. Thanks.

(William Faure) #10

I’m doing my best for The Dark Army mod. I want this Add-On to be available to every RtCW players.

(William Faure) #11

Hey @Ronboy, here is a new ModDB news of The Dark Army, talking about the versions I am planning for this add-on
( Windows XP / Vista ; Windows Seven ; Mac ; Linux ).

(ronboy) #12

I see you chose to leave the additional weapons only for Windows xp and vista users. But that’s fine, because me and other users that don’t have xp/vista will still get to enjoy this addon. :cool:

(William Faure) #13

All right then.

(William Faure) #14

After the Village, it’s the Sewers. I hope you’ll enjoy it. This is dark and there’s some infantry soldiers and elite guards.

(ronboy) #15

Sounds great. I don’t think there are any Rtcw sp maps that are entirely taking place in a sewer. Actually, I have future plans for an addon called “Panderborn Sewers”, but I’ve got to finish Operation Deathshead first. :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #16

Thank you. I think the “Paderborn Sewers” would be a great idea. Why not make inside the real “Village2” map. It would make an alternative way for the player to finish the mission. What do you think about it ?

Also, if you want, I can share “1” screen of the Sewers Map I am working on.

(ronboy) #17

Although Panderborn Sewers will be in the same village as the map “village2”, I plan on making the map from scratch (not using anything from Village2).
I also plan to make the map set in the winter. :slight_smile:
If you want to, you can share the pic of your new map. I don’t mind. :smiley:

(William Faure) #18

[QUOTE=ronboy;458490]Although Panderborn Sewers will be in the same village as the map “village2”, I plan on making the map from scratch (not using anything from Village2).
I also plan to make the map set in the winter. :slight_smile:
If you want to, you can share the pic of your new map. I don’t mind. :D[/QUOTE]

Make the map in the Winter ? Interresting idea. I hope this project arrives soon so I will be able to play it. :smiley:

About a screenshot of The Dark Army second map : The Sewers, I take a screenshot and send it on this topic.

(William Faure) #19

Here it is - The Dark Army second map named The Sewers.

( Note that : the level is still in production. So some things will change. Also you have to note this is a really big level ).

(ronboy) #20

Panderborn Sewers will have to wait. Like I said, I have to finish Operation Deathshead first, then I’ll either start on Hell Mappack Remake, or the “mystery addon” that I’ve mentioned in a previous update on my website. :slight_smile:
Your sewer map looks spooky. I like the lighting.