Exclusive servers

(Falcon.PL) #1

Server option to allow only players with a pack bought. Why? Several reasons:

1. If you want all the ppl on your server to stay closer to their base-nickname: that’s the feature for you!
  2. Some will agree, that on average ppl in ETQW had better manners than in ET… Maybe there is something in it…
  3. Why not? If someone want’s his or her server to keep that restrictions for whatever reason? Why might you disagree?

(TheSgtBilko) #2

I don’t understand the alternatives. I have to admit that I haven’t kept up to date on all info about DB.
What is an exclusive server?

Regarding ETQW/WET and manners I seem to recall that it was more about good admins of the server.

However the tools to niche your server and keep the game play according to your clans/communities preferences have in later games (COD/BF3) been removed in favor of global ranking and levelling.

(Rex) #3

What the heck is this thread about? :confused:

(Volcano) #4

server option to separate f2p players from the people who paid

(Rex) #5

If it’s that, than it’s super silly.

(DB Genome editor) #6

If there are to be private servers, it’s up to the owners to determine who’s admitted and who’s not. However I would not like to see any sort of official (i.e. SD-enforced) discrimination based on who bought what. That’s a guaranteed way to split the community…:frowning:

(INF3RN0) #7

Why separate paid players vs f2p players? Paying for a founders pack just allows you to look pretty lol.

(007Nightfire) #8

Why is it important that others stick to their name for you? Most players do that anyways (*in my opinion)
Besides I’ve been an admin on ET for years and never seen that problem, and !mute worked fine if there was somebody spamming/swearing etc. Didn’t play QW for thát long, so can’t really compare (fair enough).
And for your last point, I believe -on dedicated servers- the owner can choose who can play and who can’t, yes, but that is based on the behavior and their actions at that server. If you start with ‘pack payers only’ you’ll end up with ‘polish only’ ‘women only’ or ‘no french allowed’ servers. That is not something we should want in any game. (You could look into some sort of rating system, that you need a rating of neutral or higher to get in some servers, and players that behave badly get a negative rating. Of course that gives all kind of problems with jealous players voting you down etc.)

(TacTicToe) #9

My hope is there are downloadable stand alone dedicated server files like there is for ET and ETQW. If that is the case, then I will be a happy camper, and those that paid, and those that didnt can all play on our servers. As long as they are not disruptive or doing things that would force a responsible admin to remove them.

(Falcon.PL) #10

It does not follow. That is - if you follow that practice any further, it would follow just to the very degree you’ve advanced. For another type of argument let’s take the fact there are often servers with ping theshold - and did the e-world started a massive war for “woman only” servers? Nope.

(You could look into some sort of rating system, that you need a rating of neutral or higher to get in some servers, and players that behave badly get a negative rating. Of course that gives all kind of problems with jealous players voting you down etc.)

That one seems nice. I’ve heard of such things being implemented in the games and worked out just fine.

(TheSgtBilko) #11

^----- My opinion too!

(Dragonji) #12

Dumb idea.