Does Fake Ping Work With Omnibot?

(system) #1

I have heard rumors and read various posts about omnibots being able to have a ping, i know other bots like ccbot fritzbot and so on have there own ping by default but if i were to set a ping to omnibot how would i go about doing it?

also i know about people using it to fake like 200 bots and loads of players join to be disappointed but nah my reasons are to explore it so i can put just give 3 player on to keep my omni/etpro server alive, who disconnects when 2 players join so it keeps it in browser list. If you know how to but don’t want to share it on here because of them types of people who abuse it then i would happily accept it in pm :slight_smile:

i have checked else where to find it but the links are dead as they are years old, only peoples knowledge left i see :slight_smile:

(and those people who are going to reply about its wrong to fake ping, i understand that but i came here for the solution on how to do it so please don’t waste you time commenting because i understand, don’t take it the wrong way though :slight_smile: )

(Dragonji) #2

Your bots do not need ping to make server appear on the masterlist. Nobody’s going to provide you solutions which just make our small playerbase even more smaller and angry.

(acQu) #3

AFAIK etpro + omnibot = not supported. Punch me if i missed the technological advancements :eek: but i never saw an etpro server with omnibot. You would need to have a hacked version of etpro, with hooks and stuff, you know, to interface it. ETpro devs never supported Omnibot from source afaik.

And yes, you don’t need to set ping to bots to make your server appear in masterlist. The ping really does nothing. All you need to do to make your server appear is to have more players on server than private slots and at least 1 player on it, so that it gets listed and is not ommited on masterlist search.

(Mateos) #4

You’re right about bots and ETPro acQu :slight_smile:

Still, impulsive96, you can be spec and let ET in background, does not eat a lot of resources.

(system) #5

ah guys what i mean is that a player connects sees 2 bots with ping 0 then disconnects, and its server running omnibot but with a client side pack that gives the same effect of etpro and settings, more pure et, also if to mention it is good because i know some undetectable hacks that work on etpro and in good luck they don’t function there so that was another thing, i guess you guys know how to give the bots ping and as i said i would be happy to know how to.

(acQu) #6

and its server running omnibot but with a client side pack that gives the same effect of etpro and settings, more pure et, also if to mention it is good because i know some undetectable hacks that work on etpro and in good luck they don’t function there so that was another thing

What? :confused:

Nope, me don’t know, but what you try is cheating your server population. What is next? Trying to hack their Desktop PC? It is the same mentality actually …

(Destroy666) #7

[QUOTE=acQu;454696]What? :confused:

Nope, me don’t know, but what you try is cheating your server population. What is next? Trying to hack their Desktop PC? It is the same mentality actually …[/QUOTE]

In many topics there is a lot of criticism of faking server info, so why do you even bother giving him small tips (mainly in the previous topics, for example first 2 lines of this post)? Just ignore it…
Reminds me of this…

//youtu.be/GhxqIITtTtU

(system) #8

lol removing reputation because i asked a question? this is corrupt, i bet a few years ago people would tell me but now you just sit there and kill the game, and don’t turn round saying faking 2 players kills the game because actually it brings pure non cheating players onto the server :slight_smile: your killing et and well its your own fault sooooooooooo :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #9

Because servers with fake people will not kill the game of course. People will gladly play with bots when they’ll notice they’re fake :slight_smile:

(Destroy666) #10

First of all, please read about punctuation and learn to use it efficiently because your posts are very hard to read.

Secondly, every admin could say “don’t turn round faking 2 players kills the game”. For n admins that makes 2n fake players, not just 2. If admins from let’s say 100 servers thought like you, there would be more bots with fake ping than players with real ping in ET. Maths isn’t that hard.

Thirdly, few years ago useless annoying tricks like that weren’t needed because even 100th active server could be 40/40. So your point couldn’t be more invalid.

And lastly, it’s not my fault that some admins lack creativity and knowledge and can’t think of any better idea for getting popularity than with fake players in ETpro (!) and Trickjump (!!) servers. As Mateos said, I’m sure being fooled by admin would make your visitors happy. I’d be aware though - looking at commmunity from the mentioned mods, someone who visited your server may be so happy to try to ‘fool’ you too.

(acQu) #11

Well, not giving him tips to do fake infos, just trying to inform him that most people will be pissed off if they find out about this (faking ping in this thread here). I think this is what he does not understand. You won’t get a good playerbase with this, only stupid ass **** players and retards and occasionally someone who simply doesn’t know. If that is the playerbase you want (except the person who doesn’t know and got cheated by you), then lul …

P.S. to be more clear, i am judging this only how i would react. If i realize i am cheated, you will never see me again. I assume here most people react like this (or sometimes would arrange a nice wb >:]).

Rather, establish a good playerbase first with a few regulars, friends. I heard from an old clan owner who once had one of the most successful servers in ET a few years back that it took him more than 1 year to get the server full (was a 64/64). Imo he only got it that full because he offered a good package of everything: changing maprotation, good mod, good admins, good minimods such as vsays packs, and an awesome base community (to only name some) … at least this is why i came back so often …

(7Killer) #12

to fake every thing you wannna, search how to yr server send info to master and how master query it from yr server.
At this point, use yr favorite coding system (php, c++ or anyother ) to fake the answer.
BUT as some others, people go angry where they discover you fake info…
go luck to the long long ET way