Game version 21216 Crash Report

(INF3RN0) #1

Updated the game and now it crashes instantly before even reaching login. Restarted a few times, closed background programs, messed with video settings… :frowning:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/429498/CrashReports-zip.html

(Toomic) #2

Can you include your log file too?

(INF3RN0) #3

I fixed my game. I have to run the game launcher from the “launchercontent” folder. My original shortcuts still crash, so not really sure what happened. Is the log file the SDARC file? I may be looking in the wrong place…

(Toomic) #4

Should be called Launch-backup.log it will have the time and date in the log file name too, try to find one where you had the issue and send it over :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #5

Is that in the crash report folder? If so it’s not there and no where else to be found in my Warchest folder :eek:

(Toomic) #6

Mine are saved here - C:\Program Files (x86)\WarChest\Dirty Bomb\Published\Content\ShooterGame\Logs

(INF3RN0) #7

Mine is in the folder \LauncherContent\Unpackaged\etc and also that’s where I have to launch the game from now to get it to work as well… so maybe that means something.

(I wish there was a more convenient method of uploading these files lol)
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/429569/Launch-backup-2013-06-25-13-56-29-zip.html

(Mustang) #8

Sorry for hijack but I just wanted to mention that mine are spammed with:
“Warning: Attempting to get visibility info on a target that is not registered with the visibility manager”

Is it a known bug?

INF3RN0: That’s a mighty weird folder structure you have, maybe you should try re-installing?

(INF3RN0) #9

[QUOTE=Mustang;453561]

INF3RN0: That’s a mighty weird folder structure you have, maybe you should try re-installing?[/QUOTE]

I’ll probably reinstall in a few weeks when I move back to my apartment (better net). My folders haven’t been altered since day one of alpha so…

is this not normal looking lol???

(Wezelkrozum) #10

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;453589]I’ll probably reinstall in a few weeks when I move back to my apartment (better net). My folders haven’t been altered since day one of alpha so…

is this not normal looking lol???

[/QUOTE]

Lol, apart from the folders and files not starting with Crash_ it looks quite good :tongue:

(jRAD) #11

That’s not how it’s intended to be run - running directly from there just downloaded a fresh install of the game underneath the LauncherContent folder, which seems to have fixed your problems.

I’d advise you to delete or rename the LauncherContent and Published folders. The LauncherContent is to clean up the nested copy of the game, Published is to get rid of any local config changes that could be breaking the game for you.