Recon new gadget : Charleen

(RasteRayzeR) #1

Remember the drone in ET:QW ? I just found its plausible equivalent for the recon in DB. It’s called “Charleen” :

//youtu.be/SNPJMk2fgJU

Goes with a tablet for control, it could fit perfectly and give a new toy for the Recon. The full concept is in the video. And yes, my exams revisions are going slowly … :smiley:

(Rex) #2

Remove the minigun and it could be worth a try. :wink:

(MrFunkyFunk) #3

Yeah remove the gun & attach kitchen knives below.
You need to be above your target to drop one and get the kill.

Mind blown.

(RasteRayzeR) #4

Use this instead of the minigun, awesomeness level over 9000

(Kl3ppy) #5

without the gun: Hell yeah! :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #6

Remove the gun and you effectively have an ETQW flyer drone.

(RasteRayzeR) #7

Could be effective against mines, shields, healing stations and turrets … it’s a nice gadget IMO

(zeroooo) #8

Flyer drone like in qw would be nice :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #9

More an engineer toy. It fits the same kind of niche as turrets and landmines do but can also be used offensively.

Though I definitely expect covert ops to be able to stick third eye cams and HB sensors to that thing so it can be used in conjunction.

(RasteRayzeR) #10

[QUOTE=tokamak;452365]More an engineer toy. It fits the same kind of niche as turrets and landmines do but can also be used offensively.

Though I definitely expect covert ops to be able to stick third eye cams and HB sensors to that thing so it can be used in conjunction.[/QUOTE]

I also though that this could fit the engineer’s class, but it’s more observation and recon-typed action IMO. I’d like that the drone could be used as radar

(INF3RN0) #11

As long as I can shoot it out of the air and watch it TK friendlies. I like the idea of it being more of a recon/mine+turret disabling device.

(tokamak) #12

There’s just a problem with the whole recon thing in that people just never use it for recon. The only times you use the 3rd eye cam is to know when to blow things up.

Using your time oggling some camera is just always a waste of time and in DB where the entire game (sadly) falls on fractions of seconds in stepdance duels there’s simply no place for that.

Sure you can gather information but you’re too busy spending time on gathering that it becomes outdated and useless the moment you stop gathering it.

The only way camera recons are useful in this game is when they provide a mini-screen in your HUD. But that is very heavy in graphics.

(BomBaKlaK) #13

This is the major recon tool i’m waiting for !

(sunshinefats) #14

Wouldn’t this be exactly like the dragonfire in blackops though? Not that I would mind(I wouldn’t)
+1 for smoke though :slight_smile:

(TacTicToe) #15

http://ardrone2.parrot.com/

You can always get your own. Plan to get one as a Christmas gift to myself. :slight_smile:

(Aseph) #16

I’m pretty sure that guy pointed a loaded gun at himself…

As for this being in DB, I think it’d be a nice addition for recon but the gun attached should not be too over-powered.

(RasteRayzeR) #17

[QUOTE=Aseph;452458]I’m pretty sure that guy pointed a loaded gun at himself…

As for this being in DB, I think it’d be a nice addition for recon but the gun attached should not be too over-powered.[/QUOTE]

Always remember the 4 rules before using a gun ^^ And yes, if there is a gun at all in its version in DB, can’t be really overpowered otherwise it’s just cheated

(Mao.) #18

This guys look so intelligent…
Well drone in Qw was fun so it would be nice to see in DB.
AFter i really hope a good instant smoke nade like in cs 1.6 but not for the recon because it would no be use in match.

(RasteRayzeR) #19

The smoke grenade could go to the field ops or the soldier. Would be fun that the drone could reduce the time of the smoke screen by flying above it xD

(RasteRayzeR) #20

[QUOTE=TacTicToe;452433]http://ardrone2.parrot.com/

You can always get your own. Plan to get one as a Christmas gift to myself. :)[/QUOTE]

I prefer RC / Planes instead of quads … but can be fun too I guess