Warping in DB

(Kl3ppy) #1

As requested, I’ll post the issue with the warping

It feels like the ping is very high, the movement is a constant back and forth (or left and right) movement, dropping med/ammo packs isnt working. The animation runs but no packs are dropped.

Ping is normal, also FPS arent below 30 fps. For me it happens when more than 6/8 ppl are on the server. Strange thing is, that it doesnt happen on the first map, but usually it starts at the end of the second map. Also when this appears, I cant use the global chat, only Team chat. The chat box appears and I can enter something but when I hit enter, my message doesnt appear. When I use teamchat, the messages appear.
This issue is new since the last patch, before the update I dindt had it. My cfg is almost default, just changed ingame everything to low, didnt change any other values than the ones you can change ingame. The only cfg I changed is the HUD cfg.

Do you guys need any files?

(rand0m) #2

It’s server lag…welcome to the unreal engine.

(Mustang) #3

I’ve seen a similar thing when playing over an unstable connection (lots of dropped packets) with high ping.

Animations play but then you look down and there are no medic packs on the floor.

(Kl3ppy) #4

I think that there could be a link between these two issues:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/36403-No-connectivity-to-Euro-servers-with-people-on-them

I had the warping explained above and in the launcher I had the same issues as Ashog.
I disconnected to make sure that I dont download something and when I wanted to launch the game again, I had the server/launcher as explained in the other thread. Warping was still there when I managed to join one euro server.

(rookie1) #5

UK casual2 LB
got that just now ,like laging and server list didnt fully update(multiple refresh didnt change the problem )Launcher didnt respond well …aim at zero in LB feel like the server was in the moon
It started ok but then it did This ^^
also some of my chatting wasnt been displayed
restart Pc didnt fixed

(Toomic) #6

Do you get warping a lot after jumping over objects and only just clearing them?

Does anyone get warping just running along a flat surface for several seconds?

(rookie1) #7

[QUOTE=Toomic;452230]Do you get warping a lot after jumping over objects and only just clearing them?

Does anyone get warping just running along a flat surface for several seconds?[/QUOTE]
Cant say ,seem to me it was constant at the time ,like if i was on a low end pc …didnt get it this week end

(Kl3ppy) #8

What rookie1 said.
I cant remember doing any special stuff, I had the warping after playing 2-3 maps and it felt like I have a real bad connection and a bad rig. Ping was normal and I didnt had this behaviour before the patch.

(Wezelkrozum) #9

The moment this happens feels random to me. For me the warping started with the last patch.

(Volcano) #10

run up the stairs of office in Victoria near the gassed hallway phase 1, i have a decent recording of it. its not part of my ping either 400 used to be easily playable a few patches ago now it feels like im rubberbanding more and more. small props on the floor will even trigger it

(Volcano) #11

what the bloody hell have you done with this networking its completly unplayable at 400ping unlike a few patches ago where playing db was actually enjoyable i cant even play with the poms anymore because of it

(Toomic) #12

does it happen to you when running on a flat surface or is it only when running over an object?

(Wezelkrozum) #13

It also happens on flat surfaces for me.

(Wezelkrozum) #14

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with the lagspikes. But I come just out of a match where this happend to me:
I was defusing the c4 up till 95% and then died. I get revived and immediately started defusing. I see the yellow progressbar but no percentage is shown. After 3 seconds (of invisible defusing) the c4 explodes.

I was playing on a US server and had a constant ping of 140.