ShooterGame.exe question

(rand0m) #1

Is there anyway I can force dirty bomb to use onethread of my cpu? My CPU is burning up to 92C when playing dirty bomb i think that is my cause for dropping to 30 fps randomly as my CPU most likely triggers itself to hibernate some cores. Is it possible to possible run the game with a -onethread choice the same unreal 3 engine is able to be ran?

That is my CPU burning up with dirty bomb in use…

(murka) #2

You can set the process affinity via task manager.

But either way you should really fix your pc. 92C is only reachable if you cover up the intake/exhaust or someone put the thermal grease on badly or nobody has cleaned dust for a year.

(rand0m) #3

Pc is about 6 months old its a laptop. I just turned my fans up to 7000rpm at 80C they were only running at 5000rpm max. After I did that I sat in game for awhile didn’t see an fps drop yet. It’s an Alienware m14x I’m gonna take it apart and redo the thermal paste myself I wonder if they jipped me on thermal paste on my CPU.

(Kl3ppy) #4

Make sure that your lappy fans have enough free air to breath. I had to put mine on a metal plate and put it a bit higher so the air entrance could get enough fresh and cool air. Also make sure that nothing blocks the fan exit. It can cause that the air in your lappy is too hot.

(Wezelkrozum) #5

Once upon a time I had a laptop wherein the GPU reached 105C while gaming after 9 months. It was a Dell Studio 1557 which was known for his heath problems and sometimes it even shuts itself down to prevent damage. The point seems to be my fan was full of dust. So an assembler from Dell replaced my fan + heathsink + thermal paste and I never had problems again. So it might be the dust and/or your thermal paste.