Thread: CRASH: Random crashes throughout the whole game

CRASH: Random crashes throughout the whole game

Hi there.

I am very desperate. I searched on all the internet for a solution for my problem, but nothing worked.

When I try to launch the game, everything is fine. Until I get to the character selection screen. Sometimes I get to choose a server for online multiplayer, sometimes it freezes/crashes right at the screen in the beginning.

All my pc specs are ENOUGH to play Brink on a high quality: I already played the game 6 hours where it did NOT crash all the time. But it seems that my graphics card is the only problem, or should I rather say the game has a problem with the card?

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4890 installed in my system and got the latest driver (13.4 Beta).

I tried the following (I might have forgotten something to list):

-verify game cache via steam (It says EVERYTIME I do that that 1 file is missing which will be reaquired, like 10 times in a row if I verify the game cache 10 times in a row)
    -I searched like hell for the bloody 11.5a hotfix on the internet, but didn't find anything
    -I enabled ingame console and used the command "r_shadows 0" without the quotes which didn't help
    -I reinstalled the game like 20 times
    -I put all the settings on the lowest possible

Furthermore, I saw that you recommend the driver 11.10 (released October 2011). But Brink is not the only game I play. I refuse to install OLD drivers to play ONE game when the other games I play require the LATEST drivers.

Also, I found this link for the 11.5a HOTFIX of AMD:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...15ahotfix.aspx

which refers me automatically refers me to this page:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I need the help urgently cause I know how awesome this game is. There MUST be a way playing the game with LATEST drivers.

Re: CRASH: Random crashes throughout the whole game

Uninstall the game (delete local contents on steam) and then download all and install again.
    Game for a long time working good with the ATI drivers with no problems so you don't need older drivers.

I think, only problem is the correct installation...

Does not work, as I said. Besides, you told me that in steam already, and even there I told you, it does not work.

So guys, PLEASE do something.

The problem still exists. Is this community actually this lazy to help a guy who REALLY wants to play this game?
    I am disappointed,

BUMPING the hell out of it.

I am disappointed of this game and this community. Better didn't buy it. I will also prevent others from buying it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeyash View Post
    I am disappointed of this game and this community. Better didn't buy it. I will also prevent others from buying it now.
    go bitch at Bethesda, it's their game and they've never done anything for it
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSparkle View Post
    and every time Nail comes in and ruins it