BLOCKOUT WEDNESDAYS: Canary Wharf v20076

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

Every Wednesday evening we’ll be opening up the VIP Test servers to everyone in the Alpha with the aim of getting more feedback on the latest in-development map, Canary Wharf.

I’m starting a new thread for each new version since the map is regularly updated. The old feedback thread is here for reference.

Both VIP Test servers will be open from roughly 5pm (UTC) until Thursday mornings. If you do give the map a go, please try and leave feedback along these lines:

[ol]
[li]Which part of the map/objective you like most and why?
[/li][li]Which part of the map/objective you dislike most and why?
[/li][li]Do you find any particular part of the map useless?
[/li][li]Which route/position do you find the most useful when attacking/defending particular objectives?
[/li][li]What tactics (if any) do you employ when trying to complete/defend particular objectives?
[/li][/ol]

(tokamak) #2

If the regular SD hosted events are set up in one thread (as opposed to a new one for each patch) and the events keep being announced like this then people who subscribe to this can be instantly notified through email and whatever.

(BomBaKlaK) #3

So I just play both sides, some map flow a bit better on some objectives, second and third obj are still “open bar” and to easy to do, especially for the second one. the defense spawn just in front of this obj, i was hacking and defense team spawn in front of me running to the main access stairs without looking back … defense spawn in front of the obj ? strange …

and 2 hacking points is not cool, much better if you focus on 1 only, especially if there are in the same room, to hard to cut the hacking for the defense and the action is a bit weird.

and still to much main objective “open bar like” still make classes useless for the obj …
Last obj is bit more defend-able, and defense spawn access are a bit better, but still no real doc run …

For the rest on the map flow improvement it’s a bit more enjoyable, more tricks way around the pipes etc … I like it !

(AntOO14) #4

I really like the end game in the outside where you have different routes to get to the objective.
Specially because of the high/middle/low ground perfect for snipers and artilliry.

I dislike the middle part where its all very small and claustrofobic, this is after you blew up the first building and come out of the U-turn street where you have to take the stairs down.

(BomBaKlaK) #5

Side engie door after the Uturn is a bit better but still no real side obj classes dedicated …
All objectives, primary and secondary are still open bar … only 1 part of the first objective is Class dedicated …

1rst obj - planting then Double open bar hack
2nd obj - Double open bar hack
3rd obj - Double open bar hack
side obj - Open bar hack

Same objective 4 times in a row ! yeah nice score ! but it’s …boring.
Why did you make classes ? for the touristic picture ?

and last obj is not fun, capture point, spawn points, and transmit point are definitely broken to me … no doc run, no fun.

(Violator) #6

Games were very stacked yesterday but some good firefights going on. I still find the time between the 1st obj and 2nd obj confusing - there are some docs in the room but they seem to dissapear and then you have to leg it over to the barrier room? Would be nice to have some placeholder VO for this map and others as most of the time I don’t realise the obj is done until my spawnpoint moves.

Good battles at the 2nd obj. this is the most fun part of the map IMHO. Could do with some cover (other than taking the overhead pipe route) maybe in the U-shaped tunnel. Opp team had two rambo meds + soldier with a health station who just kept wiping our team out every match…

The last objective is still pretty much a given if you can pick up the docs, even with snipers covering the exit ramp.

(Seanza) #7

I’m idling on the server.

(BomBaKlaK) #8

People talking about lags (don’t feel much on my side) lot of bugs with the lifts. (stuck inside / can go in even with the door open etc …) I try to report this a bit later
Maybe a server restart can help.

(Smooth) #9

The servers are now open for the evening :slight_smile:

(MrFunkyFunk) #10

Bumpidy bump.

Can we expect a new version today?
(And as a diversion since all the recent “update threads” are closed: how is the progress for the next game update? Any chance we’ll have the small blockout aim map we requested and that was given the green light by the devs?)

(Mustang) #11

Here we go!

(Ecano) #12

No blockout today? Left early the office for that :smiley:

(Anti) #13

Error, folks who normally sort this were out of the office today. I’ll see if I can rig it up now

EDIT: Server is up, go play and be merry! :slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #14

Thx :wink: let’s test a new blockout

(Ecano) #15

Thank you!

(BomBaKlaK) #16

So just make some few games on it, I like some new part in your modifications like the big bottleneck after the second obj.
Lifts are still broken and sometimes when you are on the broken roof of the first obj you can’t see what’s happen in the room, that’s just a black hole.

I still have a problem with some objective design stuff like the auto-crane repair, you just need to stand by … is it cause you don have time to do it proper or is this some real test ? Cause there is no more objective game classes based if it stay like this.

(Ashog) #17

Ha was fun, until I got imprisoned by the train. And even then it was still fun :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #18

Was fun yesterday, slowly I get used to the new update. What concerns me a bit, is that I get on one part high fps (130/150) and on the next part it drops to 80 fps.

(Ashog) #19

I guess they are moving with performance updates not randomly around a map but piece by piece according to echo fps stat images, so probably that’s what u see.

(MrEd) #20

As well as real world telemetry from Echo we have static hotspot analysis coming in from our overnight build machines that gives really detailed information for both our minspec and recommended spec machines. Also we do more targeted, manual performance captures of anything that we find interesting, like spawn waves or explosions. But as Canary Wharf is totally in blockout at the moment there has been no attempt to optimise the map, its good performance is purely coincidental and mostly because there are no textures or effects for the graphics card to chew on.