The new Team Skins Feedback Thread - Version 20076

(iwound) #1

First ill say that there is a big improvement in actual clearness of the model skins now.
But both teams are brown.

iff isnt much help especially when in a crowd.
one example of a problem i was being followed by what i thought was team mate back entrance last stage waterloo near pump. i looked behind and saw brown player no iff or i couldnt see one. so ignored them until they shottied me in the head. happened lots of times.

im assuming these colours will change. but is it soon or a while.

at spawn close up the skins look great. but the detail gets lost and the lights could be someone behind. i try to focus on the player as all the iffs are mixed together.

(Jonny_Hex) #2

We tweaked the IFF behaviour a little and disabled team skins, to test team identification issues. Please don’t hesitate to add more feedback here.

(rand0m) #3

Interested in better model fluidity. Not sure how to explain this but the models don’t feel to be apart of the “world” to me. I’m sure it can easily be tweaked. Wish I knew how to explain what I mean lol.

(Mustang) #4

What’s the point in disabling them when we haven’t seen them working properly yet?

Last time it was a lighting issue, this time it’s to “test team identification”… which we already know is a problem.

Can’t we just enable them and see if it actually helps or not?

(Jonny_Hex) #5

Team skins: Pretty sure people played with them for while already but didn’t even realise so I know what I think. I want to know what you guys think.

(Mustang) #6

Due to the aforementioned lighting issue.

(OwNLY) #7

dunno, normally i like my enemys good visible.
But if the muzzle flash isn´t too bright and the crosshair is good, i don´t care.
Anything that moves…

(Jonny_Hex) #8

Yes, fair point, but to not derail, please refer back to iWound’s post. What do people think about team ident in the current build?

Edit: I was too slow to reply :slight_smile:

(iwound) #9

probably best to rename the thread then from skins to iff. and leave you guys to sort out lighting.
i was going to add lighting issues so if its iff feedback you need etc please rename.

(Jonny_Hex) #10

[QUOTE=iwound;448567]probably best to rename the thread then from skins to iff. and leave you guys to sort out lighting.
i was going to add lighting issues so if its iff feedback you need etc please rename.[/QUOTE]

Well, no. We want to talk about team skins.

I do, at least.

(OwNLY) #11

Ok, lets talk about the skins.

Thats how it is now: I can work with that, not perfect, not too bad. The Teamskin could be a bit more visible, and stick out from the background.

That is how i don´t like it: You don´t see ****, the enemy´s skin disappears behind cool, realistic and/or artistic effects…

Thats how i want it: Screen not too messy, nice crosshair, no unnecessary effects, good visible enemy.

I tweaked my config to minecraft-level to get stable 50 FPS, maybe enemys are a bit more visible (better team colors) with normal low settings. But since there are more effects (like muzzle flash) with higher grapics, the overall visibility of the enemys should be about the same.

btw. my ms paint skills rule!

(woll3) #12

`nuff said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently i just shoot everything that moves/walks towards me, if it shoots back then i continue shooting, if not, then i stop.

(DarkangelUK) #13

Forget skin colours, concentrate on silhouettes. RtCW, ET and ETQW I always used the shape of the model to identify friend from foe rather than the colour. But even then, green/black… jussayin

(BomBaKlaK) #14

the color is very important cause the shapes are the same in both teams.
And right now I have much more difficulty to see a player who got the same color as the background, there is a real problem to detach the silhouette from the background, and I really don’t like the farcry 3 approach with some shadows around the model, that’s really ugly but if that’s the only way.

(DarkangelUK) #15

Exactly my point…

(BomBaKlaK) #16

Yep ok , but it’s double work to get 1 model for each team and with all this load out can be difficult to identify classes and I’m afraid that became a bit messy

(rookie1) #17

I relies a lot on the light for distinction …but sometime ^^

(ImageOmega) #18

I really liked the team skins that were brought in during the previous patch. I haven’t had enough play time w/ this patch, yet.

(iwound) #19

[QUOTE=Jonny_Hex;448576]Well, no. We want to talk about team skins.

I do, at least.[/QUOTE]

im well confused. even more than last night. and i started the thread.
team identity is terrible but its because we have the same colour on both teams.
so beyond that i have no idea what to say.

i could give feed back on clarity of skins in different lighting.
or feedback on iff etc.

so :confused::confused::confused::confused:

(DarkangelUK) #20

As opposed to the amount of work they’re having to put in to make each team easily distinguishable? It’s been over half a year since I’ve been in the alpha and the same problems about identifying friend from foe are still just as pertinent today as they were in the beginning.