DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 20076

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We’ve just released an update with the following changes:

[u]Change List[/u]

All Levels

[ul]
[li]Added and updated many ambient environmental VFX
[/li][li]Increased spawn times in Stopwatch mode (20s Att & 25s Def)
[/li][li]Fixed several objective notification issues
[/li][li]Initial optimisation passes underway
[/li][/ul]
London Bridge

[ul]
[li]Updated player collision pass
[/li][li]Tweaked foliage throughout the level
[/li][li]Added cumulative time to objective mode
[/li][/ul]
Waterloo Terminus

[ul]
[li]Updated collision pass
[/li][li]Tweaked atmosphere / fog settings
[/li][/ul]
Whitechapel

[ul]
[li]Tweaked atmosphere / fog settings
[/li][/ul]
Camden

[ul]
[li]Continued gameplay iteration and tweaks
[/li][li]Continued art integration & polish pass
[/li][li]Added cumulative time to objective mode
[/li][/ul]
Canary Wharf

[ul]
[li]Continued gameplay iteration and tweaks
[/li][/ul]
[u]User Interface[/u]

[ul]
[li]Fixed issue displaying incorrect class icon in scoreboard
[/li][li]Revive stat on scoreboard now displayed revives given rather than received
[/li][li]Added several new options to the menus
[/li][li]Added dot size and transparency options to crosshair customization
[/li][li]Fixed items showing up as friendly players on the minimap
[/li][li]Disabled Health and Class info for enemy IFFs
[/li][/ul]
[u]General[/u]

[ul]
[li]Added Character Selection to the Launcher
[/li][li]Players can now select which 5 characters they want to take into game
[/li][li]Currently have two characters available for each class, with more to come!
[/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Added initial crouch jumping functionality
[/li][li]Players can now use weapons while carrying an objective
[/li][li]Improved and polished many animations, fixing several bugs along the way
[/li][li]Updated several explosion VFX
[/li][li]Updated post process screen effects
[/li][li]Tweaked blood impact effects
[/li][li]Players now instantly pickup a medpack if standing on it while damage
[/li][li]Increased account level cap to 60
[/li][li]No longer have to remain looking at C4 or PDA objectives to continue interactions
[/li][li]Fully dead (‘gibbed’) players no longer have bullet collision
[/li][li]Friendly fire rules now apply correctly to deployables
[/li][li]Incapped players with low ammo no longer show up for Fire Support characters
[/li][li]Improved deployable placement behaviour
[/li][li]Improved revives, less likely to get stuck in geometry
[/li][li]Updated several character skins
[/li][li]Fixed Airstrike projectile bugs, it should no work as intended
[/li][li]Fixed female head hitboxes being partially covered by upper torso
[/li][/ul]
[u]Balance[/u]

[ul]
[li]Tweaked the behaviour of heartbeat sensors (Emits a much larger, shorter 3s pulse that detects enemies)
[/li][li]Increased Mounted Gun damage and made them invulnerable
[/li][li]Reduced sniper scope spotting duration to 3s
[/li][li]Various weapon tweaks that you’ll have to test out :wink:
[/li][/ul]

(MrFunkyFunk) #2

Hallelujah!

<3 SD

(meat) #3

sweet you can shoot while carrying an objective. can’t wait to see the optimization help my low fps problems.

(Smooth) #4

There’s probably not going to be much impact so far since we’ve only just started, you may even see a performance dip due to other work that’s gone in!

Please let us know how you get on though :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #5

cool, I’m downloading, anyone up for some games later? :smiley:

(chippy) #6

[QUOTE=Smooth;448111]
[li]Added Character Selection to the Launcher[/li]
[li]Increased Mounted Gun damage and made them invulnerable[/li][/QUOTE]

I take it there will be some way to choose which character to use ingame as well?

Not sure about increasing the MG damage, for me the damage was pretty decent but it got taken out to easily. Just have to play to feel this one out. =)

Thanks again for pushing these updates so frequently. <3

(Smooth) #7

The way it works is you choose the 5 characters (one for each class) that you want to take in-game for that match. You can still swap class in-game, but you will not be able to swap between two different Engineer characters (for example).

We will eventually be allowing players to change the 5-class loadout in-between matches (never during a match) on the same server but for now it has to be done on the launcher.

(chippy) #8

[QUOTE=Smooth;448118]The way it works is you choose the 5 characters (one for each class) that you want to take in-game for that match. You can still swap class in-game, but not between two different Engineer characters.

We will eventually be allowing players to switch the 5-class loadout in-between matches on the same server but for now it has to be done on the launcher.[/QUOTE]

It’s all good! If further down you make it so that the user can change between the characters as well, that’d be ace. Makes it easier (or harder depending on the situation) for each team to decide what they need for a specific objective and/or push to take the other team down.

(AntOO14) #9

Is it possible i can´t see ping and players in the launcher ?
as the rest you guys did a nice job keep it up.

(after logging out and in again problem is gone)

(BomBaKlaK) #10

Hoooooo yeah !!! it’s not like if we were waiting since few weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

(BomBaKlaK) #11

Launcher became very slow here, waiting 5 min to refresh servers, and barracks same.

(Humate) #12

Wont be able to play, pc died. : /
Looking forward to your impressions on this patch.

(jRAD) #13

The Launcher hasn’t changed in 3 weeks, so it might be a problem with your network or PC.

(tokamak) #14

I would be really happy if we had the option of going full textureless on maps, that really makes the game playable on a machine like mine.

Also, Starcraft´s low graphic settings are great in that they turn more stylised and cartoony to make up for the lack of detail. That´s way more fun than seeing everything getting desaturated, brown and murky like happens so often in games.

(OwNLY) #15

Hate the new update, not what i expected.
I was waiting for better game performance. Cannot test anything like that.
Will NOT play much until better performance. And it´s shotty and semiscope warfare now…

Large green crosshair with low crosshairalpha is ok, could work with that… still waiting for static crosshairs.

/edit: my WallHack still works :tongue:

(BomBaKlaK) #16

OK thx I check on my side.

1 big issue ! you can’t quit the game, and you can’t kill the process … need reboot to quit the game … happen to 3 of my mate to

(Ruben0s) #17

[QUOTE=OwNLY;448151]

/edit: my WallHack still works :tongue:

[/QUOTE]

My wallhack looks even stranger. It has big grey boxes around the red lights.

(rand0m) #18

Shoot while carrying and crouch jump initialized. Good news.

Disabled class and health from enemy IFF. Is that enemy name plates finally gone? I hope so cause this isn’t an mmo. I’d like the names to be gone as well.

(acQu) #19

Great update. Love everything. Keep going that road (it’s the pub road, shhhh :D) I doubt that comp players will like something like The Eye’s cam, maybe time will tell. But i absolutely love it. Great tool, could stand there stalking all day long xD

As for performance. I feel no major difference. Maybe i get around 5 - 10 more FPS, but i only judge that by looking at my fps counter. Overall it still often hits orange, but not so often the red it seems.

As for clutter movement. Did you change it? It feel surprisingly less annoying to walk against … ‘things’.

P.S. also love the healing stations :smiley: They are XP monsters ;D

(MrFunkyFunk) #20

Yeah, next step is to remove name plates please.
Is it the new weapons tweaks that make the TTK feels a bit worse than previously (or just a performance issue on my side)?
So far: 3rd eye is the new nade. People won’t need to learn how to cook precisely a nade when they can just throw that gadget and detonate it mid air for a guaranted kill every time (making it sound a bit worse but that’s how I feel).