Suggest ways to prevent trolls from griefing teammates by never delivering carriables

(SinDonor) #1

While playing through an OBJ Whitechapel game (all by myself) I realized something: I could pick up a carriable object (during Attacker sections 2 and 6) and just run away forever. If I wanted to be a troll in game and grief my teammates, I could pick up one of those containers and just hide somewhere in the map until the game ended.

Obviously not a problem in comp matches, but it’s gonna suck for ppl in pub matches.

My suggestion is to add a carry time limit or perhaps a carry-area. If the troll carries for longer than X seconds or goes outside the logical boundaries of carrying (like from the inside of the chapel to behind the EV), then the object is auto-reset.

If a player does it more than 3 times in a game, then DB should activate code to self-destruct the douchebag’s PC. You guys can do that, right?

Sorry if this has been suggested already, I’ve been gone for a while. Didn’t find any open posts when I did a search for it.

(Nail) #2

I think decay time was mentioned earlier, can’t member when

(SinDonor) #3

There is a decay time when the carriable is dropped, but not when held I think. Or perhaps if there is a carry delay time, it’s reset whenever you drop and pick it back up again. I was running around the level dropping and picking up the carriable and never had to deliver it or lost it.

(Kl3ppy) #4

Mhh, tbh, shouldnt be a problem when you can teamkill someone and the position of the carry guy is shown at the attacker minimap ofc not in the defenders minimap. So if someone picks up the delivery and runs away, you can say: i dont know who you are, but i’m gonna find you and kill you :cool:

(acQu) #5

Not thaaat much of a big deal. In W:ET this was also possible and it happened rarely.

If this is really regarded such a problem i would suggest adding an admin feature, so that admins can handle it. Something like “!banobjective <playerid> <hours>”.

(SinDonor) #6

There’s team killing now? I’ve been gone for too long. I thought there was no way to TK except if your teammate gets caught in a mine blast or c4 blast, etc.

(SinDonor) #7

[QUOTE=acQu;448104]Not thaaat much of a big deal. In W:ET this was also possible and it happened rarely.

If this is really regarded such a problem i would suggest adding an admin feature, so that admins can handle it. Something like “!banobjective <playerid> <hours>”.[/QUOTE]

It’s not. But someday, if they don’t put rules in to handle it properly, some troll on your team might decide to strike right at the end of an awesome Whitechapel match and ruin it.

(Kl3ppy) #8

Oh, no, i meant if there is at some time teamkilling possible :wink:

(Breo) #9

Well the carrier can also tk you and a player can tk everyone who try to deliver. When ff is enabled there should be an autokick for too much teamkills.
This reminds me to another thing that need to be fixed I took this one from the CS:GO update but ET:QW has the same glitch:

-Vote kick will record user’s SteamID in the banlist and remove user from ongoing competitive match even if the user disconnected from game server before required number of votes have been collected.

Teamkillers disconnect when the vote is about to pass and rejoin the server a few seconds later to bypass the kick. Also the penalty should be a ban for the current game or a fixed amount of minutes depending on which one has the longest time.

(Kl3ppy) #10

[QUOTE=Breo;448163]Well the carrier can also tk you and a player can tk everyone who try to deliver. When ff is enabled there should be an autokick for too much teamkills.
.[/QUOTE]

Yes he can, but he has the carryable so he needs to melee me. And its only a pragmatic solution :wink:
+1 for the autokick at a certain amount of tks.

(Mustang) #11

Think this is more a discussion topic than a bug though.

(Patriotqube) #12

[QUOTE=acQu;448104]Not thaaat much of a big deal. In W:ET this was also possible and it happened rarely.

If this is really regarded such a problem i would suggest adding an admin feature, so that admins can handle it. Something like “!banobjective <playerid> <hours>”.[/QUOTE]

This is true, has always been like that in WET and has never been a problem imho
so imo no need to do somthing here.

We should ofc have good admin features.

Would like the refereee as we have in wet, nice to have the possibility to give someone a bit power and beeing sure they cant crash anything, some people are just unexperienced in proper rconing

(AntOO14) #13

not a bug not a problem happens nearly never.

(Meiling) #14

Vote kick!

(SinDonor) #15

It’s a SUGGESTION. Hence the title “Suggest…”.

The days of WET and ETQW are from a different era. A F2P game is going to bring out a lot of people and many dbag trolls.

Vote Kick will be great once everyone realizes wtf is going on, but by then it may be too late. A pro troll knows when to strike, with a minute left in an awesomely close battle, he’s gonna grab the container and high tail it to the other end of the map. Game over dbag wins. Vote kicking him is just icing on the cake for a troll.

If a “carry zone” is set up or a carry time limit is implemented, then the game handles this rare, but infuriating situation automatically.

But please, do tell me why this would be a bad suggestion if implemented correctly, if you have anything positive to add other than “not a bug derpy DERP.”

(Dragonji) #16

Vote kick solves this in my humble opinion… This was almost never a problem in W:ET.

(Breo) #17

and auto kick :confused: it’s needed when there’s no admin for x amount of tks and afk players especially on a low amount of players it’s hard to play:

Defenders 3 players / Attackers 2 players with 1 afk = 3 vs 1
Attackers 4 players with 1 afk / Defenders 5 players = 3 vs 5

Another problem is that it almost never pass especially when you have 12vs12 it means at least 13 players need to vote yes. With the lower amount of players in DB it might work.

(Kl3ppy) #18

When using vote kick than implement it proper and not as in ETQW where all non votes were counted to no. This time just count the real votes only.

(SinDonor) #19

I never alluded it to being a rampant problem in DB or W:ET etc. It may only happen 1 in a 100 pub matches. But WHEN it does happen, it’s gonna suck for the team that got trolled. The Vote Kick will most likely be too little too late.

(scre4m.) #20

thats the problem with votes. Some ppl just dont care or dont vote, cause they didnt get the reason for kicking. Votekick should kick if 50%+ of the players that voted, agreed to kick. ppl that didn’t vote should not count as a yes or no.