Custom Maps = Retarded

(riddicki) #1

I know some of you get tired of the same maps that’s why you enjoy the custom maps but the custom maps are terrible. Whoever made these maps obviously never played quake wars. Its like a puzzle try to get to any objective especially once the first objective is done. I watched a couple clans scrim them and people spend more time finding objective rather then fighting. It reminds me of ET which has more custom maps then any other game but %99 of them suck

(Kl3ppy) #2

dont blame the maps for the player not knowing the maps …

(Breo) #3

What 99%? Not really :rolleyes: but I made a similar post about it.

(aSHARK) #4

Dat ridicki mad because TAW cobalt outplayed them when cobalt picked meltdown in GG tournament and won the first match against Clutch sont be mad at the cteators of custom maps be mad at ypur team and yourself for not practising the custom maps while you knew they were in the map pool swag

(Dthy) #5

Link to an area he can’t see, smooth :tongue:

But seriously, you can’t blame the map makers when you (or other teams) don’t know the maps.

(Rex) #6

Some of them are better and some of them are worse. I would also agree that not all custom maps in the tournament pool are optimal for comp play, but hey, they are in and we have to adapt. :wink:
In my opinion it’s quite nice to see them in the map pool, because it’s probably the last QW cup (so the last chance to play them) and weaker teams could have also chance against better opponents on these.
But blaming custom maps for losing a match, makes you look quite bad.

Omg, remove the link please! :rolleyes:

(Ashog) #7

LOL it’s retarded to not know the maps and then complain about losing on them. All the maps are okay, perhaps Steedium Mines could have been polished a bit more but that’s all.

We have just had a great overtime match on 3 custom maps and all went really fine and tense.

(Violator) #8

Disclaimer: Vio has never made or ever will make a map aimed at comp play :slight_smile: Steedium Mines was a classic example of a nice idea in concept (the laser bit) but impossible to get to work properly in practice. The docs run is always a grind because no-one uses the alternate routes.

(Ashog) #9

I have only complaints about sticky mushrooms in alternative routes, else the game was really nice on it. You could maybe make these mushrooms no-clip, also fix terrain working only on shaders high. Gameplay-wise is ok, imho.

(riddicki) #10

I am not complaining about the lost at all. I am just saying the maps are a ****ty design and terrible. Just the whole indoor design is retarded

(Ashog) #11

mimimi :tongue:

tell it to more than a hundred of people who eagerly played them every sunday from 2008 :wink:

But well, yr opinion, people are different.

(edxot) #12

i have been talking to some of the maps, and they dont know you as well.

they were also complaining about retarded people signing for tournments.

(Khamul) #13

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

(jRAD) #14

An illustration of how not to start a reasonable discussion.