Binding problems for G15/G19

(Rex) #1

I want to do a simple say command for my G-buttons, but somehow it doesn’t work.

I set my “G1” key in the driver to “ALT+1” and wrote into my autoexec bind “1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”.
If I hit now G1 ingame it doesn’t say “bla”. Where is the fault? Can any G15/G19 user help me out? :confused:

(Ashog) #2

Works for me, with CTRL and SHIFT modifier keys… Didn’t try with ALT tho.

(edxot) #3

maybe replacing

bind “1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”

with

bind “G1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”

(Rex) #4

[QUOTE=edxot;447146]maybe replacing

bind “1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”

with

bind “G1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”[/QUOTE]

I don’t need your troll sh!t, I need something that works. And you would be the last in this forum who would know anything about this game.

Can you make an exact example of the command line and the binding of the key in the G-profiler?

(Ashog) #5

That’s what I have in G-profiler for my G510 (i have a different version than you):

I tried to bind this in ETQW and it worked when I pressed G13 button:

bind f1 “say bla” “ctrl”

The profile must be tied to you etqw executable, so the profiler can detect when to apply the rule.
I don’t know where your version has it but mine is in edit/profile preferences/browse where I have set the path to etqw.

(edxot) #6

omg, noobs everywhere

the line you posted is binding the “1” key to that function

so, who is the troll and who ROCKS ?

(Kl3ppy) #7

[QUOTE=Rex;447139]I want to do a simple say command for my G-buttons, but somehow it doesn’t work.

I set my “G1” key in the driver to “ALT+1” and wrote into my autoexec bind “1” “say bla” “ALT” “default”.
If I hit now G1 ingame it doesn’t say “bla”. Where is the fault? Can any G15/G19 user help me out? :confused:[/QUOTE]

bind “1” “say ‘bla’” “ALT” “default”

try this, you forgot the ’ before and after your saying.

(Ashog) #8

’ is not needed if the phrase is one word w/o spaces.

(Rex) #9

I would need someone who got a G15 or G19 and has done this before.

(Kl3ppy) #10

I have a g15 and its working. I just have my class and spawn selector there:

bind “q” “clientTeam GDF; clientClass Soldier 0; kill; addChatLine ‘^2Soldier ^3+ ^1Assault Rifle’” “ALT” “gdf”

bind “q” “clientTeam Strogg; clientClass Aggressor 0;kill;addChatLine ‘^2Aggressor ^1+ ^1Lacerator’” “ALT” “strogg”

You have to make sure that the etqw profile is active while you play etqw. Yesterday the profile wasnt loaded and I couldnt use the binds.
Here is my G15 profile:

(Loki.) #11

not sure if you still need help…
here is the bind i use for my G19

bind “1” “clientTeam GDF; ClientClass Medic 0;sayTeam Medic AR” “CTRL” “default”
in profile select the gkey you want… edit ctrl + 1 enter…
rinse and repeat///
just need to make sure the ETQW profile loads with the game…

(Verticae) #12

Make sure you have the right profile loaded. My G15 always needed it loaded twice before it’d work. MY current Tt one is much better about that…