Binds syncing between multiple computers

(Mustang) #1

There seems to be something weird happening where key binds and toggle settings will try to sync themselves onto multiple computers.

Not very helpful when firstly not everything is copied over, for example it seems like it might only be copying over bindings that are setable from the in-game menu but not my custom ones.

Also not very helpful when I use different hardware on different computers and therefore need a different config on each one.

It seems like a nice feature to have, but is currently under-developed.

Ideally there should be multiple bindings profiles for each player that are stored in the cloud and then when the user signs onto a new computer they can re-use exisiting profiles or create a new one.

Currently it’s limited to one per computer where some, but not all, settings are synced, and each time I change computers it gets the wrong binds so I have to change them all again.

(Mustang) #2

Oops wrong forum, please move to the unsolved section.

(murka) #3

I suggest against sync settings between computers. Really hate when some games do that. On my pc for example i use similar keyboard binds but i don’t use the same mouse, so sens and mouse binds should never be copied over.

(Meiling) #4

I’m confused, the issue is that it is synched or it is not? I have an English keyboard at work and a French one at home and it works fine (meaning it makes sense NOT synching them over). However, my custom gameplay settings (toggle crouch/sprint…) should be the same since I play the same way on any computer.

Which settings are you experiencing issues with exactly?

(Mustang) #5

Settings that are copied over but shouldn’t be due to different hardware: Toggle Ironsight

Settings that aren’t copied over but should be due to consistency: Custom bindings