About keeping my tj server alive

(system) #1

hi i would like to run my tj server on tjmod but with et masterlist having that stupid thing with the empty server no show in browser list rule how can i get people to see the server, as tj doesnt support omnibot, i cant do bot_maxbots 1 so when im away my server will just not show? like tbs connecting, i know that keeps server’s alive but they only do it for a select few, any help with this guys? really need tjmod on but no one ever see’s it because its empty and i have to connect first for people too:P annoying compared to a couple of years ago when et showed empty servers :smiley:

(Dragonji) #2

I guess you could edit server binary code to “fake” the info which your server sends to masterlist. I’m not going to describe what you exactly have to do as some people around here could use it in wrong way.

Also, I’d suggest to try ETJump instead of old TJMod.

PS. This thread is a good example of why we need an updated ET client. I hope the job ET:L team is doing will keep our lovely game alive for another 10 years.

EDIT:
I don’t think that presence of your TJ server on the masterlist will automatically populate it, I believe the most of the trickjumpers don’t use the in-game browser anyway.

It’s a 2.60 client bug which was not present in 2.55, funny fact by the way.

(system) #3

yeh i understand what your saying about people using it in the wrong way, pm me it maybe? cheers for the info

(stealth6) #4

This. I’m quite active in the TJ community and if you’re not connected to 999, eT, Th or any known tj clan then you won’t get much traffic on your server. TJ is a very small community that tends to keep to themselves.

(system) #5

thanks stealth, dragon will you pm how to do that thing, or you can do it for me, i just want 3 slots if so :)?

(Dragonji) #6

I’m too busy lately to spend my little free time on changing and testing the code, sorry.

(system) #7

oh will you least tell me what i need to look into and i will try myself?

(Destroy666) #8

… nvm …

(ETJump-Zero) #9

I disagree. You get traffic on your server as long as it’s listed on TB, SL and you play there often. Servers like DC ETJump came out from nowhere and became one of the most popular TJ servers in a few months. All thanks to a couple of guys playing actively. (Too bad the clan died a couple of weeks ago :()

@OP you could also just afk there yourself.