FPS

(Term) #1

I’ve seen a couple of pics and demos of other people playing and they all seem to have this thing…the thing im talking about is just under the clock and it has a couple of numbers then fps. e.g 27 FPS. I think it is Frames Per Second, if it is. How do i get this to come up and how do you change your fps coz im always pretty jumpy on Radar

ty for your help :clap:

(Stee) #2

You need to bring down the console and type:
\cg_drawfps 1
to display your fpf and change it to 0 to remove it. No need to put toggle b4 it.
Fps is system dependant really, especially the graphics card and it’s capped at 85fps by ET. It’s easy to change tho just type \seta com_maxfps 0 in the console, this will uncap them but If u struggle to get near 85 then this will make no difference.

(Sauron|EFG) #3

Type “/toggle cg_drawfps” in the console (without the quotes).

How to change it? Getting a really fast computer usually help. :blah:
Running on a lower resolution and setting quality to “Fastest” is the cheaper way, and of course you could try different graphics drivers. Making sure you have the correct AGP/motherboard drivers is really important.

(L2|B4tt3rY) #4

is there a bind to toggle between 76 and 43 fps, cause on most maps i think i might be able to get 76 but on radar etc i can just make 43 :S so can someone gimme that toggle please :banana:

(dommafia) #5

show off bastard! i usualy get 11 on all maps exept gold rush where i can do a bitchin 28! :frowning:

(Sauron|EFG) #6

/bind x “cycle com_maxfps 43 76”

(Haven’t tested it myself.)

EDIT: Cycle doesn’t work. :disgust:

(Dingo19) #7

I thought in ET, changing Max_fps requires a vid_restart (done to kill sniper reciol cheats)

(Sauron|EFG) #8

Com_maxfps doesn’t require a vid_restart (just tested it on a PB enabled server).

(Fusen) #9

I can normally get at least 120 now in building and 150+ next to walls now i bought a fx5600 =D lol but I have it capped to 43 for strafing :confused:

CHEAP AIRSOFT GUN

(Wils) #10

I don’t think the sniper recoil is linked to your FPS in ET in the same way it was in RTCW, so this shouldn’t be an issue.