Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-Revealed

(twt_thunder) #1

(zbzero) #2

I saw it, its interesting but i would say will be a failure if not have the classes like in ET, like the last Wolfenstein released in 2009.

I think Dirty Bomb will be much better :slight_smile:

(ColdBackHAND) #3

I will not be on the hype train for this installment.

(Mateos) #4

I personally will wait for some ingame footage than a trailer showing robots, a guy with guns and some world places :slight_smile:

I trust Bethesda, but I would like to see if it is still like Wolfenstein.

(twt_thunder) #5

[QUOTE=Mateos;444944]I personally will wait for some ingame footage than a trailer showing robots, a guy with guns and some world places :slight_smile:

I trust Bethesda, but I would like to see if it is still like Wolfenstein.[/QUOTE]

agree totally… I just stumbled over it…

(ronboy) #6

I hope this news is false. The Wolfenstein universe should never leave the World War 2 setting. Wolfenstein isn’t Wolfenstein if its taking place, say, in the 1960s with robots and futuristic junk… :rolleyes:

(.Chris.) #7

Because Tesla guns, Venom guns, super soliders, lopers, zombies, mechahitler, veil powers, veil weapons, giant zeplins and such were normal in WW2…

(twt_thunder) #8

of course!!! didn’t you know:eek::eek::eek:

(Mateos) #9

Well, all the stuff were set in the WWII era, during the war, and Axis looking for/making some tech stuff… I think that this is his point, and I would agree. But let’s see how they turned it.

(.Chris.) #10

Some Screenshots

EDIT: forum cuts them short.

More here

http://www.cvgworld.com/2013/05/07/wolfenstein-the-new-order-first-screenshots/

(TFate) #11

Actually looks kind of cool, I might play it for the single player once it hits the bargain bin. Does anyone else see a Tarantino influence in that trailer, especially the end?

(calipso) #12

[QUOTE=.Chris.;444969]Some Screenshots

EDIT: forum cuts them short.

More here

http://www.cvgworld.com/2013/05/07/wolfenstein-the-new-order-first-screenshots/[/QUOTE]

Well these have nothing to do with original RtCW…
It seems like an “Iron Sky” wannabe game. Hope the game won’t be as lame as that movie.

(Nail) #13

it’s supposed to be a tech demo of id tech 5 for multi platform,
my undercover tapirs tell me, I’ll reserve judgement

(ronboy) #14

Yes, that’s what I meant. It’s okay to have futuristic themes in a Wolf game, but not overdone like in Wolf 2009, and probably this game too. The screenshots look nothing like a Wolfenstein game…

My hopes were not up to begin with, and now I have no hope. My prediction is that this will be just like Wolf 2009 all over again. Be original ID!

I will stick with my Rtcw game, thank you very much.

(MoonOnAStick) #15

What should a Wolfenstein game look like? This just looks like another reboot (after 3 previous reboots.) An alternate history 1960s could provide a good backdrop for the single player story. Difficult to tell anything from a pre-rendered trailer, but marks for choosing Hendrix.

(vicpas) #16

So RTCW is unique.

(Destroy666) #17

And next Wolfenstein will be in space vs aliens or in prehistory vs dinosaurs. They’ll never learn…

(twt_thunder) #18

allready made… quakewars enemy Territory…

(Destroy666) #19

Right… how could I miss that, too tired.

(acQu) #20

Was cycling between Aliens and WW2 now many times actually (looking at it that way), i remember Wolf3d (WW2) -> Doom, Quake (Aliens) -> Then again Rtcw, W:ET (WW2, paranormal, monsters) -> ET Quake Wars (Aliens again) -> Brink (modern warfare … ups, i think that doesn’t belong here) -> then again Wolf 2009 (paranormal, blub, monsters, nazis, all that stuff) -> and now this, looking to make robots, i wonder how the paranormal stuff will come in though, because otherwise it would not fit in the storyline of wolfenstein imo.

I also admit, the concept looks interesting, playing in an alternative world where zi germans have won zi war. Actually pretty kewl that they would have robots in 60s already :smiley: But well, let’s see. I sure will not run into stores and just buy blindly with only seeing some trailers (like i did with Wolf 2009). I will take playthroughs into account mainly. I actually yesterday watched the chronicles of riddick, the game the company making this game did before. Has definitely some interesting elements in it.

But i guess without id having truly their hands on this it will be just something with great graphics but the feeling will not be there. Have actually no hope that we will ever see something like the old wolf series again …