Bug showing player on 2 servers

(Seanza) #1

Forgot to post this on Friday. I could see Mustang on the passworded war server and also on another server. This is the first and only time I’ve seen this happen and the only explanation I can think of is that he was logged in as a server admin on the passworded server. Perhaps it doesn’t disconnect an admin?

(Mustang) #2

Think the server admin thing is a red herring as everyone I saw connect was announced as admin.

It was also displaying like this when I came back to the game 24 hours later.

I wonder if it’s because I didn’t disconnect cleanly, i.e. I usually just kill the ShooterGame*.exe process because 90%+ of the time the in-game menu doesn’t work for me (can’t click on things) so I’m in into the habit of alt-tab and force closing it.

P.S. I also tried some admin commands to disable team balance and they didn’t work

(jRAD) #3

Killing the process probably leaves a zombie on the server for a while, which is then reported to the Launcher. Until your issues with the in-game menus are fixed (I assume that’s reported already?) you’re probably better off just pulling down the console (press `) and typing “exit” to cleanly shut down.

(Seanza) #4

He was on from whenever we stopped playing the pug on Thursday night (think it was around 10PM BST or something) until the servers went down on Friday, if that helps.

And yeah, I recommend using ’ quit. That’s how I quit anyway, haven’t tried the in-game menu to quit actually. Also, I now hit the DB console key in every game I play now :smiley: Oops.