BLOCKOUT WEDNESDAYS: Canary Wharf v19135

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

Every Wednesday evening (that means today!) we’ll be opening up the VIP Test servers to everyone in the Alpha with the aim of getting more feedback on the latest in-development map, Canary Wharf.

I’m starting a new thread for each new version since the map is regularly updated. The old feedback thread is here for reference.

Both VIP Test servers will be open from roughly 5pm (UTC) until Thursday mornings. If you do give the map a go, please try and leave feedback along these lines:

[ol]
[li]Which part of the map/objective you like most and why?[/li][li]Which part of the map/objective you dislike most and why?[/li][li]Do you find any particular part of the map useless?[/li][li]Which route/position do you find the most useful when attacking/defending particular objectives?[/li][li]What tactics (if any) do you employ when trying to complete/defend particular objectives?[/li][/ol]

(MrFunkyFunk) #2

I’ll be there, we need a full server all evening long! :wink:

(Will edit with feedback tomorrow)

(Mustang) #3

Main thing that needs changing is final objective transmission point.

(INF3RN0) #4

Maybe SD wants us to make an official thread pertaining to why everyone does not like the way the doc objs have been being implemented?? It just seems like it’s being ignored with the same problems being repeated in every new map. Again to put it as simply as possible. Doc runs are about having close to equal access to both the pickup and transmit points (and the space in between) by both teams. What we have now are doc pickups (where the docs are right outside D spawn and the transmit is non-contestable by D) or doc transmits (where the transmit point is right outside of D spawn and the pickup is non-contestable by D). It’s not fun unless you get both together, and I think I speak for everyone on this one… I hope :tongue:

(rand0m) #5

+1. On top of that I think carry able objectives are stupid. It should be changed to the way rtcw/et did it. You’re already a man down automatically the second the doc gets picked up. You’re already a target as is, why punish the doc carrier even more by making it so they can’t fire. This alone makes me really dispise playing this game, it’s really not fun the way it is now.

(Jonny_Hex) #6

Carryables functionality is not being ignored. We are currently discussing the next steps. We’re pretty clear on the issues you folks have with it’s current implementation - no need to make a dedicated thread.

(INF3RN0) #7

Good to hear. Sometimes we just need word of mouth to avoid repetitive posts :).

(Mateos) #8

Good evening,

I’ve not been active since the Beta is out because or when I checked there were nobody or a single server with people but full… Tonight, luckily for the first time, a server with people and not full when I check! So I played with real people for the first time.

I liked the prop placement. I found strange at first a single room with 3 plant points, but it seems good to cover the 3 ways on defense and try to protect and plant one per one on attack side each spot :slight_smile: The second part where there’s en elevator is a bottleneck for attack. They’re lucky elevator killed people! (If you stay to close from the double-doors); Plus with 3 people inside it started to get mad with up and down 3x movements. There should be some alternative way, some corridors but just a little bit faster to get through than the longer way near elevator (Some props needed here to take cover, there’s a column in front of elevator but only this one, IMHO).

I always used main way… In the end, from attack, staying at the balcony from attack after some stairs gives the attacker some advantage, with a great sight on all the area with docs. A good player could down some enemies and force the defense to hide behind some elements, and nades can finish it… If you could make it difficult to shoot from there, like some “falling plants”, it would make the camping difficult :slight_smile: (Again, IMO).

Thank you for opening in! I liked it, that change quite a bit from ET :slight_smile:

(iwound) #9

found lots of broken stuff. so dont know if you want all that or just gameplay feel.
may i suggest removing the time restriction so we can test the whole map each time.
full report incoming.

(rand0m) #10

Good news! Thank you.

(Verticae) #11

Fun games today!

Do we need a video demonstrating how to jump down between the 1st and 2nd objective, though? While playing on offense, I got 2 full ninja constructs and 2 more to 60% before anyone realized I was past them…

(Mustang) #12

[QUOTE=Verticae;444029]Fun games today!

Do we need a video demonstrating how to jump down between the 1st and 2nd objective, though? While playing on offense, I got 2 full ninja constructs and 2 more to 60% before anyone realized I was past them…[/QUOTE]
Ahh, found that route just now.

Didn’t realise this was possible/intended.

Makes a world of difference know vs not knowing this path.

(INF3RN0) #13

I was trying to inform people about all of the alt paths on this part lol. They are fairly unclear for the most part, but I found the pipe jump instantly myself.

(Rex) #14

You know what the problem is? - You can’t choose your spawn point to spawn back. :frowning:

(rookie1) #15

post SS where

(Verticae) #16

For the uninformed:

(iwound) #17

Bit late. We could have done with that info yesterday.
not that it would make much difference. for 1 theres a lift there to do the same, 2nd getting shot through that glass.

Which part of the map/objective you dislike most and why?

1st section being shot through windows at hack, ,4th cores.

Do you find any particular part of the map useless?

2nd section right door useless without gates open, 3 (4now) hacks on 2nd obj plus pipe short cut as your exposed.

Which route/position do you find the most useful when attacking/defending particular objectives?

1st lift then roof.

this map is hack,hack,hack,hack,hack,hack,hack,hack. the end
8 hacks a spannered door plus a useless core delivery. routes wont even matter if the objectives stay that way. becuase no-one will be playing it.

also some serious bugs including
spawning on roof. i saw loffy give up and jump.:frowning:
c4 plants screwed up on 1st

(Mateos) #18

Now people know it, the defense may stay a bit in the back instead of pushing back the attack… May be interesting to see how it will go now :slight_smile:

(Loffy) #19

I’ll sign that statement. I know you guys at SD know, but, here, now I’ve signed it and here it is. hands in signed and stamped document

(MrEd) #20

[QUOTE=Verticae;444050]For the uninformed:

[/QUOTE]

It’s pretty obvious when you’re thinking about the geometry the right way. In the first version Fishbus had a full blocking volume there until jonny_hex and myself whinged at him to let us plummet to our deaths :wink:

Crispy likes to set up a turret at the bottom to finish off anyone with lemming tendancies.