Soldier Feedback: Tito Tesla

(badman) #1

Please post any feedback you have about Tito Tesla and his Teleport Grenade special ability here.

To get you started, have a think about the following questions:

[ul]
[li]Do you like using him?[/li][li]Do you find the ability useful?[/li][li]How are you finding the Electri-fryer rifle?[/li][li]Are there any tweaks you’d make to the ability or the weapon?[/li][/ul]

Thanks all!

(Ciakgb) #2

He’s too like pete. Headshot is clearly more useful, so why get a tito?

(Ciakgb) #3

Oh, but the rifle is great–on a Juan or a Mdm:)

(Warchest_Andy) #4

I agree. Medium Agents lack the punch of Juan or the mobility of LaHaque. If I have to take one I’d take Pete because his Headshot ability is always useful. Tito’s grenade is handy for removing deployables but teleporting an enemy toon is too much of a risk (unless it’s a melee toon who is about to fillet you) because there is a very real chance that the teleported toon won’t move very far and might even come back in a more advantageous position.

Tbh I would prefer Tito’s grenade to teleport the target back to the enemy deployment area. That would give it a degree of reliability and genuine utility.

The Electri-fryer is great. Almost too good.

(Crozzton) #5

Have the talk about the grenade before and would still say it needs to be more versatile.
Let it be able to teleport friendly toons, either at random or as a fixed “xtra” movement.
Or let it be as now except you get to move it 6ish squares xtra as the controller of Tito decides. Meaning random move as now and + 6 squares optional movement.

(KINONEZ21) #6

It seems that Tito’s granade does not deploy enemy’s Deployo-Cover it makes them disapear and bringes them to the exact same point, correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve done it twice with the result has been the same. Nevertheless I like it that way since you know exactly where it’s going to land, the problem is when you use it on enemies, the result is comoletly random, you have to base that on luck, which is quite unreliable, teleporting to the deployment area would be a great idea.

(General_Rommel) #7

He’s alright

Don’t find the ability that useful as it doesn’t teleport far enough

All sniper weapons need a damage nerf

(Sandman77) #8

yeah teleport is lame as it is. Gun is to powerful in compared, but hes ok.

(g00n) #9

The electric fryer is becoming popular with more use by the other agents. It is quite a killer when more than one weapon is used on a map. I like to see it reduced in health damage compared to the other snipe rifles. It is unique because it isn’t based on real type weapon. With the cost of energy which fits well with range, having it do a turn of reducing energy of target say 20%? With damage like 25? It will make an interesting tactic to slow target down or reduce counter effects in next turn.

Funny thing is I never faced the grenade yet. Tesla as a toon will improve more if it either fits between pete and Juan or between pete and Madame stats wise or improve the grenade.

(Nitehawk7799) #10

I love the fryer rifle, that tele port grenade hates me, it spawns them even closer to your position.

(Ciakgb) #11

U should have seen it in the beta, it only moved like a square or two…I got teleported almost back to start recently.

(g00n) #12

If the grenade is teleporting opponamts toons and toys back to area of spawning, the electri fryer version I suggested will make Tesla a good toon for delaying enemy so your squad can get a better position.

(Tarq) #13

I think the tele-grenade’s generally fun, though I’d rather it were more useful: Either usable on friendlies, usable one more time, or useable at longer range. IMO ATM Tito too-often seems to have something better to do than use his SA, and when he does use it it’s too-often a let down.

Usable on friendlies/longer range: Tito wouldn’t have to go as far out of his way to use the SA.
Usable one more time: With two chances it’d be easier to throw the thing just to see what happens instead of saving it up for a situation where it’s definetly of use and, perhaps, never using it at all.

Electri-fryer: I like how the APs are between the Otto and the Botherer. I like how the range is longer. Given the range, I’m surprised the damage is also between the Otto and the Botherer. I think I’d still be happy with it if the damage were reduced. ATM I’d rate it as significantly better than the Botherer and much better than the Otto. Perhaps have its damage reduce past range 7?

(Coup_de_grace) #14

Tele Grenade is a game of chance. You either roll the dice and get lucky teleporting a bothersome toon significantly threatening you to a good amount of distance away from all your toons OR; its a pathway to your doom as the toon gets into a advantageous position against you.

However, using it against static, deployables, mines, C4, UAV etc. will be useful. One can also use it against heavy type toons and there is a better chance that even if the toon doesn’t tele far away, it will hopefully retard its position placement.

(Catnadian) #15

Most of the usefulness in Tito’s grenade comes from the fact that you can make something that’s going to give you loads of trouble (a landmine, C4, deployable, etc.) disappear for your turn. I’m pretty sure that teleport distance is determined by the target’s maximum AP (which is why cover bricks would be moved 0 spaces, turrets 1, etc.). I’ve run into some times where the grenade would have saved me a lot of trouble. He’s kind of a counter to Engineers and Commandoes, while Pete is more suited for general-purpose work.

(Sandman77) #16

The grenade is pure lame, it is a wildcard, plus the reach of the feature is to low…

(Dino_satan) #17

Come on, everyone!!
The grenade is evil, you guys just don’t know how to use it.
Try not use on characters, and you know what i mean.:smiley:
I love to use him as partner with Tree Mendes.They made me kill 4 in one turns.

(G4S) #18

Fully agree! The Grenade is useful on shiel-o-bot or cover, toon behind it no longer safe. And yes, it comes back on the same place after you finish your turn.

(Tarq) #19

IME Using the grenade on cover-items is a lot like using arty: It’s an extremely powerful tactic for awhile, but eventually your opponents do start anticipating it and act accordingly. It’s still useful… But, hmm, a lot like arty if it had a lower range and 1 use. It’s ok as it is, but I still think it would be more fun and not-OP if it were beefed up a bit.

Btw: I have found myself using the grenade more if Tito has a short-range weapon rather than a sniper rifle.

(G4S) #20

After update grenade is not working on shield -o- bot anymore