GTK compile takes hours

(WuTangH) #1

Hey guys…

when I do simple basic bsp compile in GTK 1.5 im waiting 3 hours, and then I quit it :confused:
Small rooms for tests compiles ok…
This one is big, terrain from easygen, half of map is done… I didnt spot any errors, just warning of missing textures…
On old laptop with WInXP wasnt bigger maps problem, and it was really crap :confused:
Table PC have Win7 32bit.
Well… ask if need other info …

Pls pls pls:eek:

(stealth6) #2

Are you doing full compile? (bsp -meta -vis -light?) Or are you only doing bsp -meta?

If you are doing a full compile (multiple stages) at which stage is it getting stuck?

How big is the map? How many brushes is the terrain?

(WuTangH) #3

i do only bsp -meta… It doesnt really stuck on stage… All stages go slow… the terrain has ±11000 brushes…

Btw… it seems like only this map has problem… I just compiled terrain with 13000 brushes in 2-3mins :confused:

(Mateos) #4

Good evening,

At which part does it stay?

(KeMoN) #5

///Horribly offtopic:

>>[QUOTE=WuTangH;443011]i do only bsp -meta… It doesnt really stuck on stage… All stages go slow…
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Mateos, but since you are always onto thread bumpers etc, I just had to point that out :wink:

(Mateos) #6

At which part of the stage BSP -meta does it stay if you prefer :slight_smile:

(WuTangH) #7

Well guys…
after LoadMapFIle it is slow, I wait few mins, then it gets stuck again at Make Tree Portals… it stays at all Tree parts… for very long
or at WARNING: missing texure for shader. .

(WuTangH) #8

yo guys,

Im here with my next problem.:cool:
Ive got idea of door which are:

• for axis only
  • destructible
  • they get throwen away with explosion

As I know Im not 1st with 1st and 2nd point, Ive found it in SD archive by googel :slight_smile:
But this 3rd point is pain in ass… I was trying almost 3 hours weird combinations of scripts.
I personaly wanted do it with 1 door… maybe I need 2nd door - invisible from start that will replace old in explosion…
But idk how to make dat invisible thing to it, … bah idk it all :smiley:

So, this was basic script for 1st and 2nd point, which works perfect

dynoteamdoor
{
	spawn
	{
		wait 200
		constructible_class 3
	}

death
	{
		[B]setstate axisteamdoor invisible[/B]
		setstate axisteamdoor_toi invisible
		wm_announce	"Tunnel Door were destroyed!"
	}
}

And I would like to add these splines to “setstate axisteamdoor invisible”

followspline 0 spline01 50000
followspline 0 spline02 20000

I guess it wont be invisible, but i dont know other keys in those scripts…

(Mateos) #9

Do you want to see an animation of the door falling or not?

If yes try with path_corner;

If not, just make a second entity (a brush on ground which represents the fallen door), invisible on map load, and then when the door is blown up appears.

(WuTangH) #10

yes i want animation… I used info_train_spline_main for it, but idk how to connect those splines to “death script”

Eum… i googled for path_corner tutorials, but i dont have func_train in gtk o.O … if it is func entity, then I will have to use 2nd invisible anyway because door wouldnt open… i think

(stealth6) #11

Use a script_mover?

script_mover can move over splines or path_corners and it can be setstate to invisible.

(Loffy) #12

You want the door to be dynamited, and it should fly away (spinning) when the dynamite explodes?

I would try something like this:

The attacker is dynamiting an invisible (caulked) brush. When it explodes, the script_mover is sent away by the script.

Dunno if it works perfect. I would just continue and try different things until I got it to work decently.

Good luck with your map.

EDIT: I do not know if I understood you right. Nevertheless, you can find an example of what I meant in this custom map (“Door”), found in this Splashdamage discussion thread.