Dedicated Servers?

(phila_delphia) #1

I know SD decided to hike down the casual road. No problem. Sitll I don`t get why there are no dedicated servers.

When I raised this question in 2014. I was told “Of course, private/dedicated servers are important.” (http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/444/chance-to-have-dedicated-servers-linux-version).

About one year later former Mod Faraleth closed the thread after someone dared to necro the question, saying that there are “private matches”. (Same thread some posts later)

I say; TF2 an all VALVE games show, that casual gaming/monetisation can go hand in hand with dedicated servers without any problems + they will stabilize the community and help her grow.

Best regards

phila

(Nail) #2

dedicated servers mean non peer to peer, we have dedicated servers, we don’t have private servers nor will Nexon likely allow them.
Just because you think dedicated servers are private servers doesn’t make it so, they aren’t

(phila_delphia) #3

[quote=“Nail;c-215941”]dedicated servers mean non peer to peer, we have dedicated servers, we don’t have private servers nor will Nexon likely allow them.
Just because you think dedicated servers are private servers doesn’t make it so, they aren’t[/quote]

We can argue about the term - yet Faraleth got what the subject was about, or he would not have compared dedi to private match.

Best regards

phila

(Amerika) #4

[quote=“Nail;c-215941”]dedicated servers mean non peer to peer, we have dedicated servers, we don’t have private servers nor will Nexon likely allow them.
Just because you think dedicated servers are private servers doesn’t make it so, they aren’t[/quote]

@Nail Considering both Nexon and SD said they were working towards getting private servers in the hands of players many times you are incorrect. Normally I just shrug and look the other way when you get pretty nasty but this time, despite me knowing your age, I am going to tell you to grow up. Act like an adult and use your brain. You know this information yet you choose to act like you do not. Stop spreading misinformation just because you have some axe to grind.

As for the OP, DB, as statee, has dedicated servers. It does have a custom match system that launches a dedicated private server that players can use. There are also DB Nation servers that can be used for sanctioned events/pugs. And in the future players are supposed to get the ability to rent public servers per SD/Nexon. There is no ETA on that however.