Dissapointed to the new patch

(RealFeiLong) #1
  1. Game is no longer as smooth, alot of fancy but useless graphics was added on but it did not address the functionality issues.

2. Dramatic change to existing abilities, thats a blast in the face. Adding new toons helps, but nerfing bunch of old one dont help. Specially dots stacking was a horrible nerf, this is a combo thats not easy to land mind you that. Also, I dont know if anyone have played on the bridge map where the opposing team turtle with 3snipers. Right now, it makes it harder for you to even attempt charging moves.

3. Changes really REALLY did not hit the point. What used to seperate this from a short live title was the interaction between players during ONLINE battle. Every other title made fancy single player mode without some sort of SOCIAL interaction with others will die down eventually. And this patch really didnt address that, still you dont seems to get the pt that your ONLINE functions are pretty poor.

Last words, balancing really isnt a big issue here believe it or not, EVERYONE can get access to the toons, just mind how they build their squad. This is not WOW where I need a long time to lvl up a toon so balance should be make constantly to stop killing the interest of the player having the weaker class. This thing is a matter of combo! Now What I think really needed for this game is you build a system that give other users view what the most popular squads are, to my experience playing 1000+ games on the old version, I have found the old one actually have alot of interesting combos, people crying for imbalance should really get all the toons first before asking for change and look at how everyone plays. Now overall, I guess this will just make all the old players adapt to this new game or leave. Dissapointed, thats all I want to say

(Coup_de_grace) #2

I guess everyone has their own expectations. The DoT nerf wasn’t a bad choice, after all they still allowed status effect stacking, just negating the fire + poison combo. If it is your primary offensive way, maybe its a good time to consider other assault flexibilities. They are always other ways to smoke the opponent out of turtle tactics, and one should always expect the worst. The bridge map is a prime map for total sniper build, so if you have a team setup that doesn’t go well with the map, quit and have a setup optimized for the map.

I for one don’t really need the chat system, it would be common to face verbal abuses and even handing out some. Besides, is there really a need for talking? For what? To negotiate a truce? To use verbal psychological tactics? I admit they are pros and cons to it, but it really isnt something that we cant make do without…for all you know it might also be on the next updates “to do list”…

But i have to agree, we dint need the fancy animations… but i guess they just had to… for presentations sake…it is a little less smooth and it feels more clockwork like but it isnt so bad till its laggy, so thank god for that…

(Catnadian) #3

I’m a little disappointed with the lack of chat, however the game doesn’t seem to be hemorrhaging players for it. Can’t say I’ve actually noticed a very big performance hit though sometimes my game stutters if there’s too much going on at once.

I think the rest of your post comes off as blowing a balance patch way out of proportion, but the main voices behind the DoT nerf you’re vehemently against were from people who had done exactly this, who had also had a good number of matches, and even some who played in the tournament where having a sub-optimal setup (which means different things to different people, but boils down to considering damage output vs. maneuverability) almost always meant you were showing yourself right out of your bracket. The game still isn’t perfect, and at high levels it’s a little flat thanks to Juan, but it has a strong showing and a community that I’m assuming extends beyond this forum.

(Sandman77) #4

Im Dissapointed in the fact that the new toons cost so much same with new gun. I was expecting at least a expensive toon but a toon at approx 45000 coins orso. Il wait for discount day I guess…

is the new expansions worth the cash?

(SuperNge) #5

[QUOTE=Sandman77;441066]Im Dissapointed in the fact that the new toons cost so much same with new gun. I was expecting at least a expensive toon but a toon at approx 45000 coins orso. Il wait for discount day I guess…

is the new expansions worth the cash?[/QUOTE]

I also think like that but i can’t wait. So i try to buy map first, if i have map i can earn money to buy something more.

(Sandman77) #6

Will eventually get all :slight_smile: Still a new toon at lower price would have been cool!

(Hot-Wire) #7

lol yeah. They were pretty pricey, but I had 100,000 saved up beforehand. I bought Tito first. Played a few of the missions and had enough cash to buy the spray and pray. I was than offered a deal to purchase Mendez for cheap and I took it. Now I have enough cash to buy another spray and pray after completing all the missions.

(SuperNge) #8

Sure i also buy Tito first and i can use new gun with my team.

(KINONEZ21) #9

That’s exactly the same thing I did xD they say two great minds think alike!

(G4S) #10

Despite, what I would write below, I would like to thank SPLASH DMG team for a great game and a new update appear :slight_smile:
Disappointed with Tito’s grenade. In fact for the moment could not find any of it’s positive result.
Disappointed with “new” move of shield- o -bot

(g00n) #11

I still don’t like Juan he still a pain in butt now even more so with the electric rifle. As a spy he should be more a close in assassin than used as long range killer, like to a cross over of engineer shotgun for him or smg and no rifles.
The more character toons introduced the less class types are used and maybe this is where Juan and others can be a crossover type. If this happens clones hopefully are faded out !

The offline solo games are quite weak after going through London versions.

Map wise I like the beach best, a balance open and closed cover and not in the middle. Old town is a sit and wait snipe fest. Falava I found it all depends on one key point. It feels like a few FPShooter games where players camp at spawn areas. Graphics good on maps.
Old town map you can’t throw C4 mine into flag area or drop concrete barrier? I was surprised on first go solo thinking I was safe to find a samurai sword hacked me,the railing looking down is just visual.

With the new weapons going away from the standard based types have opened the doors for some really unique new toys. I really liked to see the electric gun rather than do damage be half damage and stun with a knock back. Just visualised the good old cartoon graphics of character “zapped” and a brief second you see a skeleton… Maybe future “zap gun” or “sonic gun” . Captain and comando types need more development, spray and pray would suit dave in light infantry role.

Just want say the sound quality is fantastic , I wear headphones and hearing dogs, chickens with the guns great! :slight_smile:

Story wise the only time I seen a vague idea of it was when I first downloaded it. It is funny how London feels so empty and all residents seemed to be evacuated (background noise no traffic) but the old town in rio has train going past as though things are normal?

I have 8GB iPod touch and had few problems with crashing before rio but it has been good so far except once in awhile connection slow down especially on barracks where toons are black silhouettes. One time I lost when I should of won but you guys solved that - thanks :wink:
Overall I am liking where this game if going.

(Sandman77) #12

Got the Spraygun now saving for new toon and well will buy map packs later…

(Tarq) #13

What’s the spray 'n pray like? By the stats it looks very much like the Hoor-Ar, except (IIRC) 1/4 off each action points and damage. But as an SMG… Optimized for close range rather than long?

(Hundopercent) #14

Spray n Pray imo is pretty good if you get in range. Works really good on Gus since once he gets close enough he puts out some serious damage. I personally don’t like a majority of the maps, they’re either too complex or too retarded that if you don’t have the right team setup you should just quit and restart.

The new sniper rifle is utterly ridiculous and their is no reason to use any other sniper. Being able to pop people all the way across the map is gross.

The DoT stacking was a deserved nerf and it was not at all difficult landing the combo. Even if you only hit 2 people with the combo they were going to get wrecked quickly while you hide behind cover.

Overall I like the new loadouts they aren’t OP or weak. Tito’s telenade is solid vs deployables and melee. Tito is purely for those fun OOOO moments.

(g00n) #15

I’m having a game on old town at the moment it’s a stand off like WW1 trench warfare any mistakes like moving your capt you thought was out of range from snipe rifles after a bombardment of shells and flame grenade are finished with tag team snipers. My opponanant and I both charged to the middle and were slaughted for our efforts, now I’m stuck one less toon against a med/ cap and two snipes.
I really like to see maps go away from being so semetrical and give unique challenges for either side.

(Hundopercent) #16

[QUOTE=g00n;441800]I’m having a game on old town at the moment it’s a stand off like WW1 trench warfare any mistakes like moving your capt you thought was out of range from snipe rifles after a bombardment of shells and flame grenade are finished with tag team snipers. My opponanant and I both charged to the middle and were slaughted for our efforts, now I’m stuck one less toon against a med/ cap and two snipes.
I really like to see maps go away from being so semetrical and give unique challenges for either side.[/QUOTE]

I don’t mind symmetrical as long as it doesn’t make half your team useless…