What do you want from Dirty Bomb web services?

(malarky) #1

Hi Guys,

I’m Steve. I joined SD during ETQW, and have held a wide variety of positions, mostly on the Biz and Production side of things.

You’ve seen the Echo video, so you know that we’re collecting data about how you’re playing the game. At the moment we’re using the data we’re collecting to improve the game, and we’re going to be more open about exactly what we’ve discovered and what we’ve changed in the future.

This thread, however, is about understanding what you guys want to see from DB’s stats services. It is a goal for some point in the future to display game data to you, and we’d like some feedback on what services you’d like to see.

There’s some really good examples of stat sites out there that can broadly be categorized as Personal and Global.

Examples:

Personal:
Overall and per-session performance statistics
Battlelog
CoD Elite

Global:
Presenting game stats to players to allow better decision making and planning.
symthic.com
mobafire/dotafire

What is important to you guys? What do you think is worth us spending time on? What isn’t worth spending time on? Sound off here!

(pulley) #2

As a more competitive player i don’t care much about Personal Statistics. So for me you could cancel working on Battlelog clone!

I love symthic.com. It comes in very handy for me! Its important to see what weapon does how much dmg.

(zeroooo) #3

i liked the qw stats page, would be cool to see this here too. :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #4

QW stats page was nice, it really only bothered those who obsessed over it.

(ImageOmega) #5

I love the robust statistics Battlelog offers. It offers a snapshot view of how a player plays the game and what specifics you are doing well. For instance you can check out good players and see what weapons they are getting the most kills with and which class they play the most. I like comparing my stats to others as well. Accuracy, kills, headshots, plus the other little records it holds are great additions to a stats page.

A Wikipedia type page outlining the specific damage numbers of each weapon would be great as well. Basically a weapon chart outlining all the guns would including damage, rate of fire, spray pattern, differences when aiming down sights, etc. would be appreciated.

Also, accessibility in being able to filter or sort statistics. Or the ability to search specific stats regarding other players or within a player’s profile.

(Humate) #6

Personal -

Weapon List:
Kill total / Accuracy% / HS / KPM

Overall / General:
Kill Total / Death Total / KDR
Time Played
Primary Objectives Completed
Total Shots Hit / Total Shots Fired (Accuracy%)
Win Loss Ratio
Skill Rating

Other:
Favourite Class
Favourite Weapon
Highest Kill Count
Longest Spree

(Bangtastic) #7

One of the best things you can do a symthic DB style stats site :smiley: +1 WIKI (

I would like to see:
A) All time stats in the profile (real all time, without ability to set things back etc)
B) Stats per match - better stick to simple and most important stats (bf3 has too much useless, Better Battlelog improved it a lot!!)
C) stat which indicates how much damage per bullet, kills per minute, actions per minute(as revive, repair, c4 plant, defuse, med pack, ammo box)
D) Graphical presentation of your stats and arrows which indicate tendency positive or negative for personal stats
E) If you implement a match system, its great to have statistics of real matches (especially for pcws)!!! in bf3 playing on not ranked wont give you stats at all!!! Very important!!!
F) For demo function, there should be a function which will show you real time stats kills + damage dealt + which parts are hit legs torso or head

Sadly Battlelog does not really provide true information of a player, you can only tell if the player is bad as hell thats the only thing you can read. (too much space to manipulate right here -> stats useless) Thats why i want only some basic simple stats, not as in BF3 some weird titles and numbers nobody is interested in basically.

I think LoL and SC2 do this much better :smiley:

EDIT: I think its impossible to come up with a proper true skill rating imo

A leaderboard friends/global is also not worth at all, there should be only a leaderboards of your tournament/match system :slight_smile:

(MrFunkyFunk) #8

All the examples you mentionned are valid imo.
I’m a curious person and I always liked detailled specific games stats à la QL/Battlelog, regardless of (but still indexed by) game styles.
The ability to jump from games to profiles to weapons to maps etc

Of course sometimes stats are meaningless taken out of context and are easily manipulable but it’s up to the players to sort them out if they’re given the right tools…

(en2ie) #9

Yes (official) stats showing detailed weapon damages etc would be very useful. I don’t play comp but still like looking at the weapon stats and comparing stuff - especially if it is a purchasable weapon unlock.

As for personal stats, not sure its possible but I would love a heat map on a player model to show where I am hitting the most - think COD have done this before.

(Verticae) #10

I would also love to see maps detailing where I die and where I kill from the most. Since Echo seems to be pulling a lot of that data anyway…

(OwNLY) #11

Well, if it´s christmas time :smiley:

Something like bf3stats.com would be a good start. Detailed stats about everything. The more the better.

Some Information like symthic.com would be great, but stuff like RoF and Damage are an absolute must-have.

Then for the competetive scene:
Detailed & easy accessible Match Replays.
Tactical overview, jumping from bird’s-eye view into specific scenes, viewing them with other teammates.
Fastforward, jumping into a scene on a Timeline, slowmo, 1st-/3rd-Person-/Free- and bird´s eye view.
btw. have you heard of ATC (Advanced Tactical Center by playprepared.com)?

(Mustang) #12

Personal
The most important thing is no overall accuracy and KDR. Or if you insist on having them then players need to have the option to disable them from being tracked. I could maybe live with best and worst of the week, but not of all time. I want to be able to have a lazy game, try something new, let a friend play, concentrate of teamwork or switch to that class that we badly need but no-one else want to be, all without worrying about how this is going to f**k up my stats.

With that out of the way I’d also like to see privately accessible per match stats of the last 10 games. Included would be things like xp, accuracy, headshot accuracy, kills, deaths, assists, % use of each class, % use of each weapon.

Publicly accessible overall stats and weekly totals of things like xp, kills (but not deaths), assists, most used class and weapon, health packs distributed, ammo packs distributed. With little challenges to aim for that have imaginative titles, I’m thinking like steam achievements here.

Global
Definitely want to see this with regards to weapons. Heatmaps with different overlays would be great also. Pretty much anything goes.

(Protekt1) #13

If you simply give us everything, I am sure we’ll be satisfied :slight_smile:

(Bloodbite) #14

I would like to see it integrated into a phone app that allows you to fiddle with your weapon/class loadouts as well.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has an app that lets you mess around with the attachments and things in your arsenal. This kind of thing would be great while out and about and reviewing your weapon performance stats, then tinkering then and there with what you have in mind for changes while they’re fresh in your mind.

Needless to say, expansive weapon stats would be a priority.

Perhaps a cumulative analysis of your performance per map, per class. By that I mean a visual display where one can toggle overlays showing graduated hotspots
for kills (both where you were standing and where the meat was when you cut them down), deaths, excess time spent camping/entrenched, ammo reload points (both forced due to depletion or tactical forethought), as well as team clusterings and formations at the time of completion of each objective for clan analysis… and I am sure there are a few others that could work well with that map overlay.

But I am a strong believer that it should be delivered in a way that is phone/tablet app friendly… not just tact on.

(Bangtastic) #15

+1 Battlelog App is only for Iphone which sucks

(iwound) #16

if SD decide to have a league table of global players like in QW. please please dont make it about playing time.
ie getting some stripes because you got 100 sniper kills in total playtime.
firstly its unhealthy as it promotes the idea you must play as much as possible to top the league.

if possible make the league about about per match stats somehow. so i could just play one game a week but be fantastic and still achieve a high rank.
it could be a combination of all stats xp, rewards, sniper shots, nade kills. whatever gives a clear indication of who is a great team player.
for the sake of an example lets call this total match rank.
it could be either his/her best ever single match rank.
or their average match rank over the last 5 matches.
the league would then have a lot more movement but overall the best would rise to the top.

i think promoting team play in this game is vitally important, as when it happens you start to enjoy the game a lot more.
its a pity you dont have a stat that records how much a player works together with either 1 or more team-mates to achieve an objective.
+40 XP TEAMWORK AWARD

(Raviolay) #17

[QUOTE=pulley;440488]As a more competitive player i don’t care much about Personal Statistics. So for me you could cancel working on Battlelog clone!

I love symthic.com. It comes in very handy for me! Its important to see what weapon does how much dmg.[/QUOTE]

As a crummy none competitive player, I don’t bother with them ether. They seem to the purview of players looking for evidence of hackers. The only stat I look at is my KDR that sucks.

(Dormamu) #18

Shots fired /match/map/total/weapon, shots fired while running/crouching/strafing/jumping/up/down/IS/hip etc.
Hits on a human body model - head-shot/body shots/ hits wile running/crouching/strafing/jumping/up/down.
Time it takes you to fire your gun as soon as you take damage.
Team bled, TK.
Distance per map traveled while walking, running, jumping.
The big challenge would be how you present this :D, so here is a suggestion:
I see some of the above stats web service as a page, having in one corner a specific limbo character animation. As you place the mouse on a specific stat the character animation will change. The character animation can be a death-ghost (red one) not specific to a class, with a fluid transition from a slow-mo running state to a slow-mo crouch state/etc.
So, if i want to see my shots fired while running i will hoover the mouse on the “shots fired - moving” and the character animation will start to run in slow-mo while firing the gun. If i hoover the mouse to the “shoots fired while jumping” button the character animation will transition from the previous state to a slow-mo character jumping while shooting, and so on :smiley: the shots fired can be shown inside the animation box or under/above separate box. Also the speed of shoots fired > slow-motion speed.
For the hits on a human body, as i hoover the mouse on the “Hits-head shots while running” the camera in the box animation will rotate 45 degrease counterclockwise to allow another death-ghost (green one) to enter the stats animation box view. The red ghost will fire in a slow-mo running animation with tracers to the highlighted part of the green death-ghost body (in this example head) and so on :smiley:
For specific weapon stats, the red-ghost will throw away (fast animation) his previous weapon, pick from the ground the specific weapon for who you want to see your stats (also in a fast motion) and starting to fire in slow-mo. If the animation box is to small we can use another box where the specific weapon will appear rotating and showing the stats.

PS This is some fluff you can put on a (in my opinion) common and dull stats page :smiley: tho i think is more awesome in my mind than actually implemented :smiley:

(Ashog) #19

I would really like to have at least all that ETQW site page had, plus more.

• For example, the generated and customizable stat banners for forum. For ETQW this was done by a few enthusiasts (e.g. by Zarlor in examples below), but it would be better to incorporate this feature to SD services. The advantage is that the generated images would be stored on SD servers, which would create no connectivity/lag problems on forum pages where the banners will be linked to. This service is also possible to make payable - a person could pay a small fee for having these banners available or even per manual banner update (after some progress in-game). It would also be great to be able to select a background image and exact stats types to be displayed on such banner, of course:

[ul]
[li]Also the stats page should be able to show a clan of a player, if he wishes to set this parameter up in stats/SD page (a-la splatterladder) . A simple clan management system would be great too (e.g. http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=claninfo&idx=1689)[/li][/ul]

(Samurai.) #20

I can see the relevance of having stat services for the gamers that take notice of them as they provide short/medium/long term goals to achieve different things within the game which keep them motivated to play.

But i also can see how if this becomes more important than the individual games themselves, you will get some very broken team play on public servers as everyone will basically play for their own interests (or personal goals).

I’d love to provide a solution to this, but i don’t have any suggestions - was more just raising my concern over the potential issue that could arise with the implementation of the stat sites.

Personally i can’t say i take much notice of stat sites anymore - all i want are values in the awards tab at the end of each round in game and I’d be satisfied. Seeing as it seems to be on the cards anyway my contribution would be to allow something similar to Battlelog in which you can create a kind of “clan page” and add clan members to it and from that create a kind of mini community hub, where messages etc can be posted (A guestbook for randomers and private page for members) - not really stat related but i guess you could incorporate stat comparison within the clan group. An IM service would also be useful like in Battlelog.

Edit: I guess any imagery way of communicating stats would be welcomed over just pure text statistics (like graphs/maps with useful data over the top/ player models with colour representation of which area you hit the most etc).