DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 17963

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We’re about to release an update with the following changes.

Levels

[ul]
[li]Added fixed spawn times to Stopwatch mode[/li][li]Tweaked post processing[/li][li]Added new WIP block-out level ‘Canary Wharf’ to VIP servers[/li][/ul]
London Bridge

[ul]
[li]Updated lighting[/li][li]Blocked off several routes[/li][li]Fixed some collision issues[/li][/ul]
Waterloo Terminus

[ul]
[li]Updated lighting[/li][li]Added second (optional) destructible wall to first objective area[/li][/ul]
Whitechapel

[ul]
[li]Continued art polish pass[/li][li]Some gameplay tweaks and collision changes[/li][/ul]
Camden

[ul]
[li]Continued art integration pass[/li][li]Continued gameplay blockout pass[/li][li]Added moveable cart to the first objective[/li][/ul]

User Interface

[ul]
[li]Fixed some issues with end-game review screen[/li][li]Dead player class icons are now correct in the scoreboard[/li][li]Added ‘Detail Mode’ performance setting to game options[/li][li]Added temporary workaround fix for full-screen minimap bug[/li][li]Fixed some video options not correctly applying[/li][li]Only Medic IFFs are shown on the HUD when incapped[/li][li]Death info now scales better with distance[/li][li]The mouse can be used in the Scoreboard by holding ‘Alt’ (The options selected from here are not yet implemented)[/li][/ul]

General

[ul]
[li]Fixed Map transition crash[/li][li]Swapped out Assault character “Conker” for the Flash-bang throwing “Dazzler” [/li][li]Updated character skins to have more distinction between teams[/li][li]Added lights to players to see how it helps team identification & player visibility[/li][li]‘Finish’ XP no longer awarded if the victim manually re-spawns[/li][li]Shotgun firing animations tweaked[/li][li]Improved female 3rd person locomotion animations[/li][li]Improved ragdolls, fixing several issues[/li][li]Tweaked weapon positioning in first person[/li][li]Fixed knife hit sounds not being played for the victim[/li][li]Tweaked some XP values to improve balance (still needs a lot of work)[/li][li]Added ‘shimmer’ effect to highlight objective items in levels[/li][li]Fixed some bugs with the Quick Ability key[/li][li]Reduced view kick on being hit[/li][li]Increased carryable melee distance to match the knife[/li][li]Updated some weapon audio, including the Desert Eagle[/li][li]Added some critters (pigeons & rats) to the levels[/li][li]Added more of the highly popular cones to some levels[/li][li]Fixed some bugs with C4 & multiple interactions[/li][/ul]

Balance

[ul]
[li]Slightly increased Sniper 01 damage[/li][li]Removed breath mechanic from scoping[/li][li]Reduced scope sway when moving, removed entirely when stationary[/li][li]Shotgun damage fall off now begins at a greater distance[/li][li]Slightly reduced Shotgun weapon spread[/li][li]Fire Support and Medics now carry a maximum of 3 packs with a shorter recharge time[/li][li]Reduced ‘lower’ times for all weapons and many items[/li][li]Reduced ‘raise’ time for many items[/li][li]Increased Frag grenade damage[/li][li]Increased Artillery radius[/li][li]Reduced Artillery lock-on time[/li][li]Reduced the cooldown of Flash-bangs slightly[/li][/ul]

(Smooth) #2

Reserve post

(Samurai.) #3

Ah was wandering who was responsible for interrupting mine and jopjop’s sniping wars in TDM warmup just now, but for this i can make an exception :smiley: awesome changes on paper (as always), can’t wait to test out the spawnwaves in SW mode!

(Anti) #4

Levels
Added fixed spawn times to Stopwatch mode

A bit more detail on this:

[ul]
[li]Both teams now have spawn waves in SW
[/li][li]All defender waves are set at 15 seconds (they will need balancing!!)
[/li][li]On some maps, after the C4 is planted, defenders still get instant re-spawn. This will be adjusted in a future patch but we didn’t want it to hold up testing of spawn waves whilst waiting for the fix
[/li][/ul]

(rookie1) #5

Canary Wharf !!! :stroggtapir:cant wait to see dat :slight_smile:

•Added some critters (pigeons & rats) to the levels
•Added more iwound cones to some levels <–fixed

(Kendle) #6

LOL, just when a few of us had started getting disheartened you once again show you’re listening to us. Feel like a **** now for what I said in the MS17 thread. :frowning:

(spookify) #7

Sweet Spawn Waves!

Boo not balancing the Medic vs Solider or guns. I have no reason to play medic anymore because I want to shoot and 3 dink someone…I like aiming, tracking and skill…

(Kendle) #8

All is well in the world then, because if you want to shoot and 3 dink someone you shouldn’t be playing Medic in the 1st place, leave that to us who know what a revive paddle is. :slight_smile:

#canofworms #deadhorse

(Maca) #9

Nice update on paper!
I’m quite displeased because I can’t jump into a sever and start testing. Next week I can (most likely) start playing this game again!
Hurray for new map!

(Winnie) #10

[QUOTE=Anti;437592]A bit more detail on this:

[ul]
[li]Both teams now have spawn waves in SW[/li][li]All defender waves are set at 15 seconds (they will need balancing!!)[/li][li]On some maps, after the C4 is planted, defenders still get instant re-spawn. This will be adjusted in a future patch but we didn’t want it to hold up testing of spawn waves whilst waiting for the fix[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Nice! very thx.

(Anti) #11

haha don’t feel bad :slight_smile:

Although I thought we’d mentioned some time ago we’d be trying this soon. I wouldn’t judge this version of it too quickly either though, it’s a very rough implementation with not too much play testing done on it yet.

(iwound) #12

Added new WIP block-out level ‘Canary Wharf’ to VIP servers -fantastic.
Added moveable cart to the first objective - lulz cant wait
Fixed Map transition crash - thank you

Updated character skins to have more distinction between teams
Added lights to players to see how it helps team identification & player visibility
- interesting

Improved female 3rd person locomotion animations - we all doing the locomotion?

Increased carryable melee distance to match the knife - this will be great if it works out.

Added some critters (pigeons & rats) to the levels -lmao your fantastic guys/gals
Added more of the highly popular cones to some levels - cheers. now to trap a rat and a pigeon in a cone. thats a whole game right there.

really excited to try all these changes out. great work guys.:smiley:

(Rex) #13

Levels

Added fixed spawn times to Stopwatch mode” - finally!

Added new WIP block-out level ‘Canary Wharf’ to VIP servers” - awesome! Can’t wait to test it!

Camden

Added moveable cart to the first objective” - a change was really necessary

User Interface

Added temporary workaround fix for full-screen minimap bug” - NICE! So I can stop raping my console each time :tongue:

General

Updated character skins to have more distinction between teams
Added lights to players to see how it helps team identification & player visibility”- sounds good

"Shotgun firing animations tweaked " - that’s what I asked for

Reduced view kick on being hit” - very good

Added some critters (pigeons & rats) to the levels” - awesome! :smiley:

Balance

Removed breath mechanic from scoping” - finally!

Shotgun damage fall off now begins at a greater distance
Slightly reduced Shotgun weapon spread” - I hope the female engi will become a decent class again

Increased Frag grenade damage” - very good!

So many good changes, can’t wait for the download to finish!

(Scrupus) #14

Oh this looks great, many interesting tweaks here, and new map as well! And just when the local Easter holidays started - perfect timing! :slight_smile:

(spookify) #15

Just played for 15 minutes and feels great. I still cant get used to the movement and shooting mechanics. I would really like to know what my Accuracy is with the guns I use.

Please more detailed stats at the end of each round, plus I would like to see everyone’s…

Has sprinting while shooting and reloading always been off? I have that key combination hardwired into my head and I cant figure out why I stop shooting some times…

Good Changes! Back to Rambo Medic I go.

Any Chance of picking up dead players weapons like in ET? I was running out of ammo crazy fast on the front line and could have kept ramboing but was totally out of ammo.

EDIT:
Where is the spawn wave timer?

My kill out key is F3 when will I be able to bind that?

My Tap out key is jump (Mouse2) can we multi key bind that?

(en2ie) #16

Oh awesome the map transition crash happened alot :mad:

These changes look very good written down can’t wait to try them out!

(scre4m.) #17

is a respawn timer on the user- HUD already in work?
Or will we have to wait for this until spawn waves are balanced?

(Anti) #18

[QUOTE=scre4m.;437635]is a respawn timer on the user- HUD already in work?
Or will we have to wait for this until spawn waves are balanced?[/QUOTE]

I’ll be honest, we’ve not talked about that much. I’ll try to remember to bring it up with the guys next time we chat.

(scre4m.) #19

would be nice to have that soon, as it is the only way to respawn coordinated as a team when this is needed. means it will be important for balancing the waves to a certain degree.

(MrFunkyFunk) #20

Some great additions there, can’t wait to read the feeback.