Class Indicator

(Dormamu) #1

Sometimes, when you switch to another class the class icon doesn’t change.
I was Soldier, changed to Engi, re-spawned, on the Tab Score i still have the Soldier icon.

[2909.86] Log: Log file open, 03/24/13 01:00:26
[2909.86] Log: Dumping BugIt data chart at 2013.03.24-01.00.26 using build 8710 built from changelist 17437
[2909.86] Log: MapName: OBJ_Camden
[2909.86] Log: Description: 
[2909.86] Log: BugItGo 3264.0928 3344.6340 3135.9045 -6400 20545 0
[2909.86] Log: ?BugLoc=3264.09,3344.63,3135.90?BugRot=-6400,20545,0
[2909.86] Log:  ---=== GameSpecificData ===--- 
[2909.86] Log: Log file closed, 03/24/13 01:00:26

(Dormamu) #2

Part 2

While killed, waiting to respawn, and selecting another class, the class icon will not be updated on the score board until you respawn.

Probably already posted, or not a bug.
If is not a bug it should be fixed :smiley: for those who do not use TS/Ventrilo and want to know which class your teammate will chose/switch before he respawn.

Would be nice to have something like this: "[ + ] => [ // ] " (Incaped/alive Medic switching to Soldier on next respawn :D)

(Breo) #3

I had one time the medic icon the whole game while I was another class it’s the same problem as this thread.

(Ashog) #4

[QUOTE=Dormamu;450095]Part 2

While killed, waiting to respawn, and selecting another class, the class icon will not be updated on the score board until you respawn.

Probably already posted, or not a bug.
If is not a bug it should be fixed :smiley: for those who do not use TS/Ventrilo and want to know which class your teammate will chose/switch before he respawn.

Would be nice to have something like this: "[ + ] => [ // ] " (Incaped/alive Medic switching to Soldier on next respawn :D)[/QUOTE]

That’s what I’m talking about! :slight_smile: (in IRC)

This is needed. ETQWpro solved this by showing besides a small second icon in scores tab as soon as someone pressed switch class button.

(Kl3ppy) #5

+1 for the class changes but please limit it to fireteams only. Dont wanna know when I play pub who is switching to what /care. But in comp games its really nice to see because then everybody in the team can see who switches to what in case he didnt hear/notice the anouncement.

(Ashog) #6

Why only for fireteams? Will it disturb you or what?

I for example regard minimaps useless to me but I don’t mind having it. Hope will be able to remove it though if possible.

(Kl3ppy) #7

[QUOTE=Ashog;450485]Why only for fireteams? Will it disturb you or what?

I for example regard minimaps useless to me but I don’t mind having it. Hope will be able to remove it though if possible.[/QUOTE]

No, useless because you would see it only when you press Tab. I dont want a permanent player list on the HUD exept when I’m in a fireteam.

(Ashog) #8

Nah, we only meant for showscores (TAB), plus ofc also for the fireteams if implemented. So no permanent list of players on screen of course (like tasks list in ETQW).

(Kl3ppy) #9

Ok, that would be ok. But first SD should manage to take off the enemies’ class indictors when pressing TAB :rolleyes:

(Ashog) #10

Yes, and wallhax IFF’s :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #11

Dont ask for too much:

1. we might confuse them
  2. they dont have enough time to play vs us :smiley: