Why are there no ladders?

(Rex) #1

I wonder why there are no ladders placed on the maps, although they could fit well at some places. :confused:
All your former games had some, why not also DB?

(INF3RN0) #2

Ladders would be awesome!

(BomBaKlaK) #3

yes !! definitly yes ! ladders can add some more side ways

(maxxxxlol) #4

The game isn’t balanced for ladders

(Nail) #5

ladders ? cool engi build

(jopjop) #6

Pls im fat giev elevator

(Bangtastic) #7

only elevator i saw in a multiplayer fps map, was on N64 james bond the world is not enough; merchant
was really funny riding up and down with it xD

(Volcano) #8

ns1 had elevators

(scre4m.) #9

ladders… sounds interesting…

(tokamak) #10

Ladders are great because of the tactical advantage they lead to is counterbalanced by the risk of being vulnerable while climbing.

(Bananas) #11

I’ve never liked ladders. Wouldn’t kill myself if they were put in the game though.

Would much rather see trick jumps than ladders. Same idea, can still shoot and move while doing it.

(Maca) #12

[QUOTE=Bananas;436756]I’ve never liked ladders. Wouldn’t kill myself if they were put in the game though.

Would much rather see trick jumps than ladders. Same idea, can still shoot and move while doing it.[/QUOTE]

This, much rather would see the maps formed so that intricate jumps are possible rather than ladders. Anywhere there could be a ladder there could be instead a jump route. And SD level designers are already looking into making these jump routes.

(Rex) #13

[QUOTE=Tast1c;436743]only elevator i saw in a multiplayer fps map, was on N64 james bond the world is not enough; merchant
was really funny riding up and down with it xD[/QUOTE]

You haven’t played ET then. :wink:

And if we talk about the climbing mechanic on the ladders, I prefer how it was done in ET. Because it was fast and you could also climb on the side of the ladder and also shoot.

(warbie) #14

Ladders are an entry level barrier to the current generation of gamers who aren’t used to advanced play. You’ll be suggestion doors next.

:slight_smile:

(Breo) #15

The current maps you mean? Because you rarely see ladders in the streets unless a building is under construction or something.
There are actually some improvised ladders with planks (LB as attacker, first stage when you go up the roof to the railway).

(jopjop) #16

y u no ladder to jumpad to teleport and back to ladder

(Rex) #17

That’s so 2065. :tongue: :smiley:

(en2ie) #18

They should add a ladder to the back of the assault class, think of the possibilities

(SockDog) #19

There is an elevator on Waterloo but Jopjop must and tried it already because it’s broked. :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #20

Fireman poles!