Nades vanish while timing

(Rex) #1

Was timing a nade and it vanished into nowhere. Could’t reproduce it so far, but has already happened to Samurai too, as he said.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(Volcano) #2

happens 70% of the time with me, you can also throw a nade in the roof of a open car stand ontop of it and not take damage from it

(Ashog) #3

Yes, this happens to me too from time to time, very annoying, but I don’t know yet how to reproduce. Grenades also most of the time disappear after you were incapped, but primed the grenade before that. Normally it should fall down and explode on you but in DB it doesn’t work too often.

(Winnie) #4

This happens to me very often, randomly… nades disappear after cooking, no dammage, no explosion.

(Kl3ppy) #5

Yeah, happens to me too. Cooked nade, thought I throw it and wondered why no explosion is comming. Then realized, damn, its still in my inventory.

(Violator) #6

I’ve had this too, drop when about to die and it disappears or doesn’t throw - latency issues?

(Rex) #7

No, I don’t really think so. I would rather say it’s a bug.

(Violator) #8

Well yeah a latency bug :D. Similar to the shot behind a wall thing in that the server thinks you’re already dead before you pull the pin on the nade on the client. Something for the devs to ponder over anyway :).

(Rex) #9

Mhm good point, yeah could also be. I don’t know though… :confused:

(Samurai.) #10

Ty rex for pointing out this thread… i’ll just quote myself from the other thread on my nading experience:

(Hyperg) #11

You can easily reproduce this if you switch weapons while priming. I’ve actually used this to cancel a nade throw, in order to avoid teamkilling ppl (tk-ing Rex for the n-th time prolly xDD).

(Rex) #12

Ah this is the trick! Still not sure if this is the actual solution to the problem here.
Thanks for raising this Hyperg, because I don’t like cancelling nades. I wonder if this was intended at all.

(Evil-Doer) #13

I’ve seen this happen to. +1