DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 17437

(Smooth) #1

Hi all,

We’ve just released an update with the following changes:

Levels

[ul]
[li]Added work-in-progress Camden Lock level to public server rotations![/li][/ul]
London Bridge

[ul]
[li]Updated lighting[/li][li]Fixed issue with spawning locations[/li][/ul]
Waterloo Terminus

[ul]
[li]Continues collision pass[/li][li]Updated art in various places[/li][li]Minor tweaks to layout[/li][/ul]
Whitechapel

[ul]
[li]Continued art pass[/li][li]Tweaks to construction site area[/li][li]Updated end level door explosion[/li][/ul]
Camden

[ul]
[li]Added initial WIP art pass[/li][li]Continued gameplay iteration[/li][li]Fixed spawn timer bug[/li][/ul]
All Levels

[ul]
[li]Swapped out some cars for new Taxi models[/li][/ul]

Abilities

[ul]
[li]Made mines more visible in-world[/li][li]Made Laser Painter easier to use when scoped[/li][li]Artillery Strike Laser Painter is now paused when an enemy walks in front and is no longer interrupted by allies[/li][li]Updated Artillery effects to now include initial marker projectile[/li][li]Heartbeat sensors now emit a visible pulse giving away their location[/li][li]Shooting mines now works differently, giving the kill/assist to the appropriate players[/li][li]Improved Heartbeat Sensor world model[/li][/ul]
C4 Improvements

[ul]
[li]Each charge how has it’s own IFF and progress bar, enabling enemies to find them and know which one to disarm first[/li][li]C4 is no longer relocated when placed, unless placed on another C4[/li][li]Light on the C4 has been made more obvious[/li][li]C4 has been scaled up[/li][li]Now has a bigger light and a brighter texture[/li][li]Fixed bug where two C4s could be planted by the same player[/li][/ul]

User Interface

[ul]
[li]New Scoreboard - Now includes additional player stats and information[/li][li]Added UI for Death Ghosts systems[/li][li]Various fixes to the Death Ghosts system[/li][li]Updated HUD notification behaviours[/li][li]Kill obituaries and XP awards are now displayed just above the crosshair[/li][li]General improvements to the IFF system[/li][li]Fixed some interaction issues with carryable objectives[/li][li]Fixed an issue in the menu where the mouse would run at 30fps[/li][/ul]

General

[ul]
[li]Various animation fixes and improvements[/li][li]Fixed players getting stuck in walls when killed by explosions[/li][li]Updated position and size of many first person weapons & iron-sights[/li][li]Added post process effect to Concussion grenades[/li][li]Added VFX to CDA Console Laptop[/li][li]Added weapon lighting to muzzle flashes[/li][li]When constructing any objective both teams are alerted[/li][li]Carryables now have a return progress bar above them[/li][li]Changing class whilst dead during warmup now respawns the player instantly[/li][li]Overtime now ends if there are 0 attackers left on the server[/li][li]Fixed an issue with the clan tags using HTML code[/li][li]Fixed authentication failure/timeout on connection[/li][li]Improved behaviour of anti spam filter to make it less aggressive[/li][/ul]

Balance

[ul]
[li]Increased player acceleration by 40%[/li][li]Assault characters now carry C4 instead of Engineers[/li][li]Assault characters now have 120hp[/li][li]Slightly reduced damage dealt by Machine Guns[/li][li]Slightly reduced recoil when iron-sighting on all weapons[/li][li]Mounted Guns are now more accurate and do more damage[/li][li]Slightly reduced recoil on AR02 and MG02[/li][li]Increased weapon spread recovery rates[/li][li]Made mines easier to destroy[/li][li]Sniper rifles now transition instantly to hip-spread when unscoping[/li][li]Made Sniper Rifle recoil more consistent[/li][li]Revive protection now lasts 1.5s and reduces damage to 25%[/li][li]XP is now awarded for Finishing downed players[/li][li]C4 Disarm progress is now kept for other players to finish disarming the C4[/li][li]Players no longer drop ammo when killed[/li][/ul]
Shotguns tweaks

[ul]
[li]Deal less damage to the body[/li][li]Deal extra damage for headshots[/li][li]Higher recoil[/li][li]Larger spread[/li][li]Tweaked damage falloff[/li][/ul]

(Kl3ppy) #2

Gonna look forward to test the new patch :slight_smile:

(meat) #3

sweet disarm progress is now retained

(iwound) #4

Shooting mines now works differently, giving the kill/assist to the appropriate players

is this for nades as well? so i dont tk team-mates when they are destroyed by nades.

Lots to check out. downloading now.

Looking forward to camdens art pass. thank you.:smiley:

(MrFunkyFunk) #5

Gosh I have a large grin just reading the changes.
Can’t wait to test that.

(light_sh4v0r) #6

Wow, lots of stuff. Looks good :slight_smile:

(Evil-Doer) #7

-Assault characters now carry C4 instead of Engineers-

The most interesting an perplexing idea on the list. Definitely ready to see what this is all about in it’s entirety.

(Ashog) #8

oi oi so many changes! this is all so unexpected!

/runs away to UK01

(acQu) #9

Increased player acceleration by 40%

Kewl!

Also just wanna say that Whitechapel has become a really beautiful map. I don’t like the general structure and layout, but it looks just great. Extremely great job on the visuals :slight_smile:

(Nail) #10

I’m having launcher probs since patch, shows pings over 300 where I had 40 before

(SockDog) #11

Are you seeding? My connection is getting hammered right now and the ping shows bad. If you pause (bottom left of launcher) how does it look?

(Nail) #12

good point, I’ll check
yep that was it, Thanks

(warbie) #13

This is going to be interesting :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #14

Sweeeeeeeet! Won’t be able to test too intensively until next week, but reads well.

(Nail) #15

engi looses c4, should get this then

holds 15 shells, might get one if price comes down

(Evil-Doer) #16

So I’ll add to my thoughts on the patch overtime here. My first impression on the way Waterloo was touched up is VERY positive. Made some awesome changes to various chokes on this map that seem to make sense both ways.

This window was a major challenge on last update an you did an awesome job on touching it up so you can run through it like you use to be able to.

This is a huge change on offense for attacking. This is also very interesting for defense an being able to move down more, because of the added width an angles. Nice little touch an should be very interesting.

Nice little touch here Splash Damage. This makes both sides different. Different angles an really seems this may make things more “in-control” around this area if that makes sense. I like how it’s wider an also the angle of the door seems like a positive.

Another great piece for offense here. Helps with attacking up these back stairs with less angles…another good change for fluidity I personally believe.

Fairly interested on this door move. Makes it so you can’t see it. This adds a little move for offense to sneak up without being seen.

I’m liking the lighting now an the different little changes with ammo boxes. I noticed no ammo box at the wall any more but moved to top room…nice change there.

They seem a bit large :slight_smile:

(drfraggot) #17

I’ll just voice my opinions here I guess.

Scoreboards should show score, kills, assists, deaths, and ping of every player. It looks completely bland and isn’t informational at all even with this update.

Scoping is still not enjoyable. I quick-scoping needs to be more fluid and slightly more accurate (the HUD animation is sort of choppy in this regard) and no-scoping should be a possibility with scopes as well seeing how under-powered the current rifle actually is in terms of body shots.

You also shouldn’t have to change your resolution to another one and back to your original resolution to undo glitches in the HUD upon alt-tabbing or esc-tabbing.

Something that has been around since I started playing the alpha is that the crouch (at least when set to toggle mode) is not undone when sprinting. Upon completion of the sprint, your character goes back into the crouch animation when, in my opinion, the crouch animation should be stopped immediately upon sprinting since most of the time you’re either sprinting to get to a location in a rapid manner or are evading, in which case crouching right after your evasion would be an annoyance.

I realize there are many more patches to come and they will most likely address these issues, but I feel as though they’re fairly basic issues that should be addressed.

(Maca) #18

Interesting changes all around, but after just couple matches, I might be willing to deem this one a bad choice
-Kill obituaries and XP awards are now displayed just above the crosshair
This was much better before, blue color with dark background and UNDER the crosshair

Also the new info dump next to kill ghosts is quite hard to read, perhaps just because it meshes with all other icons, but it should be different somehow, perhaps tiny bit smaller, and with a dark background so the letters aren’t so hard to read.

(warbie) #19

Only played a few maps so far but am not missing ammo drops at all. I also found myself looking for a field ops when running out of ammo and noticed people bunching up more!

Some nice map changes too and smaller gun models look good!

(drfraggot) #20

[QUOTE=Maca;434714]Interesting changes all around, but after just couple matches, I might be willing to deem this one a bad choice
-Kill obituaries and XP awards are now displayed just above the crosshair
This was much better before, blue color with dark background and UNDER the crosshair

Also the new info dump next to kill ghosts is quite hard to read, perhaps just because it meshes with all other icons, but it should be different somehow, perhaps tiny bit smaller, and with a dark background so the letters aren’t so hard to read.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. “Killed by” information shouldn’t be as prominent as it is with this patch. The action notifications (kill, plant, etc.) need to be displayed above the crosshairs instead of below in my opinion.