Defibrillator hitbox reduced?

(Scrupus) #1

After patch 16895 (the second last one), it’s seems to be harder to revive incapacitated players, especially when running quickly over or towards them.

At first I thought it was me getting sloppy/user mistake, but I’ve seen others mentioning the same recently, and also observed it happening when medics tries to revive me.

I couldn’t see any mentioning of adjusting this is in the changelog, and even if the health system itself has been heavily changed in that patch, none of it seems related to the defibrillator tool/process itself.

Before that patch, the revive operation worked really well IMO, so wondering if this change is intentional, or some kind of bug.

(MrFunkyFunk) #2

Indeed, happened to me a few times in the past days (trying the “new” medic).
I believe I was right on the downed players bodies still it took me a few tries to revive them (even in a still crouch position).

(Kl3ppy) #3

Yesterday I played a couple of rounds as medic and I didnt had any revive problems. But the revive mechanic does slow down the pace because you almost have to stop to revive some one. I liked how I was able to revive in ETQW, sprint to the fallen mate, release sprint, take defi, crouch, hit him with defi and keep on running. Was almost kind of revive-on-fly, at least I felt it like this :slight_smile:

(iwound) #4

havent noticed a difference except when being revived the medic appears to revive me around 10 feet away.
i dont understand why this should happen if server and clients are told where the corpse is.
its not like it has to predict where it lays?
They may have been out of sync at the time of kill but the point at where the injured player is should eventually (i would have thought) adjust to sync up.
as it isnt moving anymore.

(Bangtastic) #5

Yep its not always working, especially when you have to hurry.

(Ashog) #6

Yeah, I also noticed this, but imho it happened earlier than last before last patch. The defib reach should be increased, quite freaky atm.

(Kl3ppy) #7

Yesterday I had several problems reviving fallen mates. Somehow I missed them even though I was sure I hit with Defi.

(drfraggot) #8

I notice the same thing. This definitely needs to be addressed as it is a major component of the game.

I’d like to see medics have the ability to sprint over to the incapped teammate while having their defibrillators out and have the game automatically end the sprint, all the while maintaining a run and reviving the teammate. There have been multiple instances where I have tried this and the revive doesn’t register. It’s aggravating!

(KeMoN) #9

Bumping this, because I feel like the descriped things are coming back again. Since some days I occasionally have trouble reviving my teammates with my defi (Aura).

Hitbox vs trigger:
One problem is that although I’m crouching over the downed player an aim at the ground it can happen that my defi ‘hits’ the teammate that is standing inside of us to give me cover. I like being covered while reviving people and I always appreciate people doing that, but I feel like we shouldn’t get punished for teamwork. The revive should be handled more like constructing the genny imo. If you are inside the trigger (~1m radius) you can construct even by not looking at the generator. As a medic you should be able to revive simply by crouching/standing in that trigger and roughly aiming in the direction of the player.
Basically, the game shouldn’t check whether the player hitbox got hit by the defi, but rather whether the trigger (~1m radius) around the player got hit.

Revive-on-the-fly:
I feel like in W:ET it was easier to revive on the fly, even when trickjumping around. Since DirtyBomb is even more fast-paced I feel like it should be possible to revive while simply running over the downed mate and release the defi, all while continuing to run! This is linked to the first paragraph since when it is sufficient for the defi to go off inside a trigger, it is easier to revive while running.

Any thoughts?

(PixelTwitch) #10

Noticed the same, also with melee weapons.

(spookify) #11

Maybe that Frame Lag or Frame Drop issue is back?

Jumps I could make 95% of the time I am now missing since this patch.

(PixelTwitch) #12

Same there also

(KeMoN) #13

[QUOTE=spookify;542157]Maybe that Frame Lag or Frame Drop issue is back?

Jumps I could make 95% of the time I am now missing since this patch.[/QUOTE]

Haven’t heard of that bug, but now that you mention the jump problems, I do have problems with the Chapel jump at the ammo station up to the balcony/walkway and that normally wasnt a big issue.
Could thisbe related to that issue aswell?