Field ops artillery no effect

(iwound) #1

Every-time i check to see what damage my artillery is doing to the ev it has zero effect on it. i still gets kills. at first i thought i missed then that it was a damage health thing, but again tonight nothing since last patch.
Am I shooting blanks. Or do I have Projectile Dysfunction.

(Kl3ppy) #2

Mhh you probably dont hit. I can do enough damage to the ev, have it shut down quite often.

(Scrupus) #3

Yeah, you must be holding it wrong :tongue:

I’ve disabled EV plenty of times with the new arty guy, don’t always hit perfectly, but it’s a lot better than before. Pretty okay balanced now, IMHO. Still wish it was a bit more forgiving when players breaks the laser line of sight, but guess it’s part of the game, so can live it.

(iwound) #4

Just done some tests thanks to Brika. All seems ok. some good damage.
1 test i had an air burst or maybe hit an invisible brush on whitechapel.
But on a full server im having issues and its not acting the same as 1v1 just now.
i can plant the artill right next to a non moving healthy ev with no effect.
As if its not there. will take more notice of it and see what i can see.

i know its tricky aiming on a long street as well hard to gauge the end of the laser so i do off shoot some times.
But yeah i have to admit it seems ok.

(Ashog) #5

I’d say it’s PD.

(prophett) #6

I think arty needs to be improved. As it stands, I don’t even slow down if I see arty falling. I sprint right through it, taking minimal damage and rarely ever get killed by it.

A stationary EV will also rarely get fully destroyed by it (from my experience).

Test 1 - Explosions 2&8 hit me, doing the most damage of the 3 tests but still not killing me ~%80 damage)
Test 2 - Explosions #7 hit me but it only did around 10-15% damage (the first 3-4 shots land immediately next to me in this one and I take 0 damage)
Test 3 - Explosions #4 hit me, doing around 40% damage

In rtcw, et, and qw if you saw an airstrike marker or arty falling you got out of dodge (or tried to block the can). In DB you can stand directly in it and take minimal damage the majority of the time. A little more splash damage would be nice. Right now it’s just a few loud explosions and smoke with little effect.

(Kl3ppy) #7

Noticed that too. I barely get kills with Arty/Airstrike. That should change imo.

(prophett) #8

Here is an example of arty being called directly on a stationary EV, hitting it 6-7 times, but only doing ~45% damage (this happens a lot in actual games).

(Nail) #9

I don’t think the NDA allows for outside video

(prophett) #10

Really? I don’t remember reading that. Can a dev comment on this? If so I will take it down immediately. The only reason I put it up was because I thought I remembered watching someone else post a video regarding a bug/ability demonstration.

I made both vids private in the meantime.

edit: Just checked and other people have posted videos of bugs and other issues

(Nail) #11

I’d ask badman, don’t need to lose any players

(Rex) #12

[QUOTE=prophett;451391]Really? I don’t remember reading that. Can a dev comment on this? If so I will take it down immediately. The only reason I put it up was because I thought I remembered watching someone else post a video regarding a bug/ability demonstration.

I made both vids private in the meantime.

edit: Just checked and other people have posted videos of bugs and other issues[/QUOTE]

You should have indeed asked before uploading it, so it would be better to take it down again.
The only way to show videos is to rar them with a password and upload them to your own dropbox, for example. Then just copy the download link with the pw in the forum here. :wink:

(Nail) #13

thanks Rex, was wondering how to do that

(AntOO14) #14

Arty is a laugh damagewise it looks amazing but does nearly any damage, players just walk trough it.

And please add the :Firing for effect ‘auto-taunt’ :D:D:D

(Ashog) #15

I think they mentioned they fixed it (or is it coming in next update?)