Gibbing.

(InSpectaHDecK) #1

Hello,

I Just wanted to talk about how inconsistent the Gibbing is. I remember an instance where I put around 6-7 bullets into the body and the guy wasnt gibbed. That person got revived and other instances where I only put a few and he would be gibbed. You also can be gibbed while your body is falling before it hits the ground. I talked with a few other players such as Valdez, Evil-Doer, ImageOmega and a few others who agree as well. Some times it would take more or less bullets to Gib, this issue can be situational changing and game changing.

(ImageOmega) #2

Definitely agree that the gibbing mechanic needs work. I’m not sure if it’s the damage fall off that’s making things inconsistent for the most part, but I know there was a few times at even close range where I thought the amount of hit beeps I heard would have equaled a gib. What gives?

(INF3RN0) #3

I noticed it’s much more consistent when you gib with headshots, which takes like 2-3 max. Still is pretty whack.

(Kl3ppy) #4

Yeah, sometimes I have the feeling it takes a whole magazine to gib someone. And at the next one I just need 2-3 bullets.

(Violator) #5

On a side note, bar the IFF indicator I’ve found it hard sometimes to tell if the gib actually worked, and I spend time getting the mouse pos just right to see the indicator as proof. I’ve been pretty sure I’ve gibbed a player with knife and then find they’ve been revived and I’m dead :). There should be more visual indication IMHO (ET was very clear by body movement that they ate’nt dead).

Theory on bullets, maybe headshots do more damage to a downed player?

(Mustang) #6

I’d rather headshots didn’t do extra damage when gibbing and hitting anywhere was 2/3 shots.

(nailzor) #7

I agree that headshots should not perform extra damage on a gib, but 2-3 seems a bit low tbh. I think 4-5 would be more ideal considering right now, a body can be gibbed WHILE it is falling to the ground due to the speed of the animation (or in game mechanic rather).

(xarQi) #8

i agree it can be a bit less but not too fast gib also ! would take away the function of medic again…