FPS Issues and how i think it can be fixed

(Whhaayy) #1

If i play on an empty server im able to reach 150 fps if the server is full im playing with 50(unplayable).

That must mean that the models and other players etc are computet by my cpu
even games out of 2003 computet stuff like this server sided so why dont you do the same

Compute stuff like that server sided = more fps, better hit reg and more fun to play cause of this

(acQu) #2

And “stuff like that” is what exactly? The rendering?

:stuck_out_tongue:

(Bananas) #3

Game is still in early alpha. I’m sure some stuff will be optimized as the game progresses in development.

(scre4m.) #4

I have wondered a lot why fps are going down a lot, when you play on a full server.
If there’s a lot of action, everyone understands why fps drop.

But if you are on a full server and standing in some random area where no action is around you, you will still get really low fps compared to a less frequented server.

I am not sure in how far the game prerenders everything, even if you are miles away, or whether it has something to do with communication between server and clients or whatever. But it is weird for sure.

(Whhaayy) #5

its just an idea why the fps do drop on full servers maybe im wrong im not an expert
but i think it could be the reason

(Dormamu) #6

At the moment allot of data/demo/Echo is send when their are more people on the server.
Alpha is like a generic driver, not tailored for your specs, but still 80% of the times usable. :smiley:

(nailzor) #7

[QUOTE=Whhaayy;432085]If i play on an empty server im able to reach 150 fps if the server is full im playing with 50(unplayable).
[/QUOTE]

Try this ShooterEngine.ini file, just a config I doctored up for a buddy yesterday

ShooterEngine.zip (13.2 KB)

*Updated to fix color issues