medic weapon ....

(BomBaKlaK) #1

pew pew pew … support only … Meh …

(Bananas) #2

heal heal heal … clean up … revive entire team … bleh

(BomBaKlaK) #3

Support only … like you said …

(tokamak) #4

It doesn’t help to focus on one aspect of an entire class within an entire team.

I agree that the support role shouldn’t be in the weapon. It should be in the way self-healing works, which is still complete nonsense in this game.

(Scrupus) #5

Personally I like medics to focus mostly on support, and think it’s just fine as it is now. But there is an opinion for everyone. And then I’m a medic whore, and that’s the way - aha aha - I like it :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #6

Medic pew pew self heal pew pew I dead.

(BomBaKlaK) #7

pew pew pew !! pew pew !

(BomBaKlaK) #8

Weapon nerf make them more selfish than ever … so where is the trick ?

(Evil-Doer) #9

Seems fine to me. Don’t expect to kill an entire team by yourself. Play with your team mates an everything works great. You can pull out 2 kills here an there if you aim right. Other than that he’s good for cleaning up an reviving like your suppose to. Keep in mind to aim for the head with medic. It helps you stay even with everyone else.

(Humate) #10

I still think its viable even playing as a rambo med.

(INF3RN0) #11

I was healing and reviving people for the last hour and didn’t feel selfish at all, and I was killing as much as I was supporting. I haven’t played much medic in a while so I am definitely not playing it as well as others, but it really seems fine to me. You can even kill soldiers. The weapon has a very different feel from the rest of the weapons, but it’s not by any means sub-par in most 1on1 encounters. If people just want to play soldier or fops just to get more frags then go for it, but medic brings a huge element to the table and I think they are invaluable to the team. Pure frag medics however lose a lot more for the team than if they focused more on revives and heals, and med chaining is really strong imo.

(BomBaKlaK) #12

the spread is really massive on the medic weapon, even at mid range it’s a random game.
sometimes lucky sometimes not but there is something strange for sure.

(Mustang) #13

I wonder if it’s possible for the medic to come in two varieties.

1. Defensive - Low DPS with the ability to self-heal
  2. Offensive - Normal DPS with no self-heal ability

That said I love the positioning of the medic currently, I’d even opt for zero DPS with a boost to survivability and healing (self and other) capabilities.

But that’s going down the route an extreme support playstyle that I prefer, and I’m fully aware that this won’t appeal to 95% of players.

(Yes I used to play as a healer in the whole RPG triad type thing)

(meat) #14

I do the medic thing alot, its a support role. I don’t look for kills, I look for down teammates and drop med packs.
Play the role and take whatever kills you do get. Getting a few kills is gravy.

(INF3RN0) #15

I wouldn’t mind an alt loadout medic with a fops type rifle, but that can only heal with regen and not packs.

(Evil-Doer) #16

Actually very interesting thought on that one.

(scre4m.) #17

Sounds quite nice to me as well. this should be given a try.

(maxxxxlol) #18

Every class should be able to kill every class. I don’t want to lose to someone in a 1v1 just cause they chose a different class to me. The game shouldn’t be rock, paper, scissors when it comes to fighting.

(Hyperg) #19

Every class is able to kill every other class, it’s just a matter of approach. If you’re referring to amount of effort being similar, then that’s not what a team game stands for.

(Kendle) #20

If every class was equal to every other class in terms of combat ability, why would anyone NOT play the class that can also heal itself?