ETQW 1.6 patch

(Rex) #1

As this is my 1000th post here :cool:, there’s something BIG coming for you guys! :smiley:

At the moment I’m alone to do this all, so it gets released just when it’s done.

But that’s what you can expect for the next patch:

ETQW 1.6 patch notes:

[ul]
[li]Implemented a digital filter to the ingame VOIP which cuts out:[/li][LIST]
[li][]people who speak in their own unintelligible language in global voice chat[/li][li][]the words hax, cheats, cheaters[/li][li][]noobs calling other noobs noobs[/li][li][]wanna-be commanders who think they have a clue[/li][/ul][li]Fixed the invisible walls for vehicles on Quarry (Video)[/li][li]Fixed the Axter bug (Video) (Thanks to jopjop for bug report!)[/li][li]Fixed a memory leak with 128GB RAM and 32 CPU cores[/li][li]Lowered the Cyclops weight from 118tons to 117tons[/li][li]Added horn for flyers and Platypus[/li][li]Added scope modus for knife and spikes[/li][li]Added a box inside the flyer drone room on Salvage[/li]

[li]Increased damage for the stroyent tool[/li][li]Increased swim speed[/li][li]Improved performance for players who play on their fathers PC[/li][li]You can now add more than 100 friends[/li][li]Bot name “Iplantbombgoboom” renamed to “Iplantbombgoboomboom”[/li][li]Quick join button now directs to a full TAW server instead of random empty servers[/li][li]Armadillos side-view mirrors need 2 shots now to fall off [/li][li]Reduced maximum possible fps from 999 to 995[/li][/LIST]

(Dthy) #2

That’s all swell an all, but I really think you should fix the RL/Oblit problem. If I change my clantag to “^x(^u’^i.^u’^x)(__)^y*^1-^2-^3-^4-^5-^6-” why doesn’t the RL/Oblit fire Nyan Cat as a projectile with Nyan trails as the tracers?

(Kl3ppy) #3

At least they fixed the bug when you put ^1(/) (°,°) (/) as your clantag that now when you sprint a long distance a whoop whoop whoop sound is made instead of the heavy breathing sound.
Finally I can use the scope of the knife!
Awesome patch +1 for SD!

(Dthy) #4

Never mind, fixed my issue. Exchanging the “-” with “~” made it work.

(Scrupus) #5

Feature request: horn for Platypus too!

(Rex) #6

Gets added before a lot of accidents happen. Good idea! Change list edited.

(cloudhalo) #7

[quote="
[*"]
Improved performance for players who play on their fathers PC
[li]
[/li][/LIST]
[/quote]

U FOOL… how did u know about me using my fathers pc. i hate ur intuition…ERRRRR maybe i told u…BUT U REMEMBERED…anyway good luck on the work for patch 1.6…
cheers

(Rex) #8

I’m aware of player needs.

(Kordin) #9
  • Pls add some kind of aimhelp like on alot of console shooters already have. Its time to introduce this to pc gaming… :wink:

• Would like to see auto kick feature if players hit more than 40 kills per round… cheaters

• Should be the possibility to remove stationary GMPGs on volcano from their normal positions to run around with them

• Also reducing the maximum possible fps from 999 to 995 would be awesome. Not everyone got a uber pc!

(Rex) #10

Done. Now it should be much easier to reach those 995. :smiley:

(.N.E.R.D.) #11

I got a few suggestions too.

1. Remove stationary GPMGs completely since they **** up some peoples config. (Maybe just 1 Players is affected by this :wink: )
  2. RocketLauncher, Grenade Launcher and Nades should only be unlocked after you succeed in beating an Ingame IQ test.
  3. Players who did their third teamkill should be instantly transformed into a Tapir that can only fart for 60 Poison DMG over 5 seconds.
  4. Increase Magogs reach by 100 meters and make him even more jealous of Anansis and Tormentors.
  5. Make Aimbotmode unlockable at 100000XP and call the mode “I was downstairs eating pizza” :wink:

(ASD) #12

great work! Thanks for putting all your free time in developing this patch!

have already installed your alpha release with the unlock whole map for deplayables feature… --> qw.auz.at

one more request: I would like to see boots to use more often nades and airstrikes on groups of teammenbers without any enemy… this would realy change something :slight_smile:
one last (for today): please dont forget the new Voice chat command for (thanks to light_sh4v0r) “We urgently require psi-:stroggtapir:!”

(Scrupus) #13

while you’re at it, how about giving GDF cov-ops a real psi tapir they can dispatch to run randomly around in enemy territory, with a 3rd eye cam mounted.

(DrFunkenstein) #14

And can we please get a horn on the desi as well?

Dr. Funkenstein

(edxot) #15

PPPFFF, this thread is so old news

1.7 with turbo desacrators and trojans making tunnels owns this nonsense little patch

(rorgoroth) #16

//youtu.be/E3xICOc13wk

(light_sh4v0r) #17

This is crucial.
We also need the ability to intercept hammers with the flyerdrone.
The smoke grenade needs to draw jetpack energy from the icarus.
Melee hits on enemy deployables when in disguise should deal double damage.

(Runeforce) #18

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;431603]We also need the ability to intercept hammers with the flyerdrone.
[/QUOTE]

Dude, you can already do this!

(Coliseum) #19

Strogg Cyclops should be able to transform into a giant strike bomber, capable of blanketing an entire area with a napalm strike. GDF will be compensated by upgrading the husky with an ejection seat. Balanced.

(Kl3ppy) #20

While testing this I’ve found a bug:

//youtu.be/pakzljmOMZ8

As it seems, this feature got implemented at the hog and not at the huskey :frowning: