Hit Detection Issue

(OwNLY) #1

Hey guys,

I started playing about one day before the latest patch (16460).
Everything felt pretty nice, good hitreg with accurate weapons.
Most of the matches i scored “Most Accurate” with really good stats on my first day of playing.
After the match Problems started to rise.
(I was able to get the FPS to a playable rate with some tweaking, no problem here).

My issue is the hitreg, since i heard the spread was reduced.
For me it feels like the spread got significantly increased.
The bullets from my weapon just seem to disappear.
My aim cam be perfectly on a not moving enemy in close range,
but it still takes sometimes up to 15-20 bullets for the kill.
Today i played against my mate while we were on TS.
In a medium to high range fight with engineer guns (ADS on)
he said that he got hit by me, had the red flash on the screen, but didn´t take any damage.
I had no hitmarker/hitsound either i think.

After nearly the whole week of searching the error on my own i ran out of ideas.
Anyone?

Thanks,
OwNLY

(Violator) #2

The game is very random for me currently, but its a lot better than it has been (maybe I’m improving at last + I’m getting 40-60fps now rather than 30-40 thanks to the various tweaks. I can get ‘in the zone’ and it feels pretty good (was earlier today), and then next map can’t hit anything lol. There is another factor I think and that is the screen shake when hit, it seems to make my cursor jump all over the place then its whoever can score a headshot wins (usually not me!). The other thing is I’m sure I’m taking just as many hits to die as anyone else, but it seems like I’m dying in 2 shots as only the last 2 seem to register on my HUD / sfx. The game is much better at 50-60fps though than 30-40!

(iwound) #3

This is not my area of knowledge so i can only give my general feeling.
a lot of people have complained about very high ttk which in the most part is long but ok.
so why do i get killed a split second after being shot by a medic. does he have a super powerful weapon.
after considering many shots like this.

I have to consider the opposite effect of this which is a player maybe shooting at me before i actually see it happen.
I checked to see if these quick kills are headshots, but not all.

So is it possible that im being shot at before im aware of it happening due to the netcode. so by the time i shoot back its already too late.

There is this sense that what im seeing isnt what’s actually happening in the sense that i can see other players and enjoy a fun game but i dont expect any accurate recording of actual aim/kills. its more like a dice roll. so much so i’ll lean towards a random weapon like arty and nades and use turret more because relying on your gun isnt fun.

(Volcano) #4

I’m getting some really bad hitreg at high ping, if there is a way to record it would be easier to prove. many times I have seen players not even lose health after been smashed by a dozen rounds

(LeeStyle) #5

It’s a feature, that way high ping is balanced…

(Volcano) #6

//youtu.be/37OWL7AzvHo

(Mustang) #7

I see this as well, but not even at very high pings, 100+ is unplayable, dead before making any damage, hitsounds going off 2 seconds after hitting a target, kills where the target ends up 3-5 meters around the corner, and the ping is being reported at 100-120ish… :confused: