Unplayable fps

(Whhaayy) #1

Ive already wrote a thread about performance drops after the last patch but today things just getting worse before the patch i was able to play the game with 80-90 on a full server and with 90fps during 5v5 but today i unlocked my fps just like a few guys said and nothings happen locked them back to 90fps and now ive got 40-50 fps thats unplayable its like reeding a picture book for me so i might be not able to play the game untill the next patch but maybe someone of you got some tips to get atleast 60 fps or more

(ice---) #2

same here 30-40 FPS :frowning: before 50-60 FPS

(Kordin) #3

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34761-real-lowGFX-possible-via-config-tweaks

(Whhaayy) #4

already tweaked my cfg like hell doesnt matter

(nailzor) #5

This is why a few players I know don’t play much even though they have keys :frowning:

(Bloodbite) #6

40-50 unplayable…ahahahaha

I think there are some folks here with older gear that are down around the mid 20 mark… that’s unplayable!

(nailzor) #7

Here is a config you could give a shot, I know you have tried tweaking already but I’d give this a shot

ShooterEngine.zip (13.2 KB)

Also as a side note, you can modify this setting in the config but you will receive a bit strange circle graphic on your screen, but it should boost your FPS as well:

FloatingPointRenderTargets=False

*Updated config for color issues.

(Hundopercent) #8

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;432591]40-50 unplayable…ahahahaha

I think there are some folks here with older gear that are down around the mid 20 mark… that’s unplayable![/QUOTE]

I find anything under a 100 unplayable. =P

(Anti) #9

Moving this, doesn’t belong in comp section

(j4b) #10

[QUOTE=nailzor;432615]Here is a config you could give a shot, I know you have tried tweaking already but I’d give this a shot

Also as a side note, you can modify this setting in the config but you will receive a bit strange circle graphic on your screen, but it should boost your FPS as well:

FloatingPointRenderTargets=False[/QUOTE]

can you give us a screen with this settings?

we also tested alot of settings and it dosnt give you a huge fps boost.

(nailzor) #11

[QUOTE=j4b;432630]can you give us a screen with this settings?

we also tested alot of settings and it dosnt give you a huge fps boost.[/QUOTE]

Sure, here you go (I have the same card as you but an older processor btw):

Just kidding!! :tongue:

That’s it, no fancy hacking involved of graphics card settings, simply all config edits.

(Ecano) #12

By adjusting your cfg you can get more fps in a empty server, 190 in my case. But the issue is that in a full server fps drops to 50-60, whatever config I’m using, hight, low etc. This makes me think, as already mentioned in other threads, that the bottleneck is the CPU.

(OwNLY) #13

Wow, if your signature is still up-to-date, you got a very nice PC running…
I get ~40 FPS with an old QuadCore and a 768 MB GC.
I thought about upgrading my system, but not sure if this will do any good.

Have you tried lowering your resolution for the game?

(Ecano) #14

[QUOTE=OwNLY;432636]
Have you tried lowering your resolution for the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’m running the game at 1280x1024 (5:4). The signature is up-to-date.

(OwNLY) #15

Then we can just hope for a performance fix as fast as possible…

(tokamak) #16

[QUOTE=Bloodbite;432591]40-50 unplayable…ahahahaha

I think there are some folks here with older gear that are down around the mid 20 mark… that’s unplayable![/QUOTE]

On LB I play with about 14 fps.

(Dormamu) #17

1)Have you tried to disable coreparking
Regedit=>Find(F3)=>0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583=>ValueMax
Change 64 to 0
repeat the process for each time it is found
cold-re-start.
Test=No effect=>revert to old values to save the O3 :smiley:
2)Disable NetWorkThrottling:
Regedit=>Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\ Multimedia\SystemProfile=>NetworkThrottlingIndex=>enter FFFFFF with base hexadecimal.
3)OneFrameThreadLag=True
4)UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False
5)GL

(Ecano) #18

[QUOTE=Dormamu;432678]1)Have you tried to disable coreparking
Regedit=>Find(F3)=>0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583=>ValueMax
Change 64 to 0
repeat the process for each time it is found
cold-re-start.
Test=No effect=>revert to old values to save the O3 :smiley:
2)Disable NetWorkThrottling:
Regedit=>Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\ Multimedia\SystemProfile=>NetworkThrottlingIndex=>enter FFFFFF with base hexadecimal.
3)OneFrameThreadLag=True
4)UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=False
5)GL[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’ll check it.

(nailzor) #19

A handful of people have noticed an increase of frames with the config, if you use the config can you please let me know of your specs and if it helped (and how much if so) just send me a message would be great to hear if anyone else has success with this.

Updated version = ShooterEngine.zip (13.2 KB)

(Ecano) #20

[QUOTE=nailzor;432819]A handful of people have noticed an increase of frames with the config, if you use the config can you please let me know of your specs and if it helped (and how much if so) just send me a message would be great to hear if anyone else has success with this.

Updated version = ShooterEngine.zip (13.2 KB)[/QUOTE]

Many thanks, now is running a little bit better, increased from 50 to 60fps in White Chapel.