Ping daily evolution

(Ecano) #1

I’ve been tracking the ping servers this week, every day same figures with same client side inet load.

USA from Spain: constant, 160-165 all the day.
UK from Spain: 40-50 all the day less gap starting 14-15h until 23-24h that increases to 150-160. (Independient of the amount of players, same for the 5 servers)

Are all the 5 UK servers running in the same machine?

Cheers.

(Violator) #2

I’m guessing they are, we used to run all our (5) W:ET servers off one box iirc in our clan TFA’s heyday :). A game server doesn’t need the resources of a client (no gfx / sfx etc.) so you can run several on one machine no probs.

(Donnovan) #3

Nice. But this can be reason why ping jump from 40/50 to 150/160?

(Stoffifee) #4

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34580-High-pin-Sun-Feb-22nd :rolleyes:

(Ecano) #5

Yes but is this machine overloaded with other tasks?

This is a different issue, I think that is something external, something related with the server machine setup.

Thanks Stoffifee, i would like to focus this thread in the daily evolution.

May be this is not the right stage of the proyect to address these issues but balance in this game is very ping dependent .With 30-50 the game is fabulous, balanced fights. 50 to 100 is no longer balanced, even worst with players with 20 ping. Over 100 no longer playable.
I would recommend setting the servers in more neutral locations. From Spain which we have worked best in other games are the YCN servers located in Paris.

(Mustang) #6

UK are king of bandwidth throttling.

(Ecano) #7

Didn’t know that :frowning:

“Bandwidth throttling is the intentional slowing of internet service by an internet service provider. It is a reactive measure employed in communication networks in an apparent attempt to regulate network traffic and minimize bandwidth congestion.”

(Ecano) #8

SD guys. Is possible to set some EU DB servers out of UK?

Multiplay have more locations in EU, Paris for instance.

The fact is at the moment with 150+ ping the game becomes unbalanced and in some cases unpalyable.

Many thanks.

(Ecano) #9

This was fixed but seems now is back.

Today at 19h, the amount of servers <50 dropped from approx 30 to 5. And in-game these 5 have 95-100ms.

I’ll take few screenshot, before and after 19h.

An example of how increases the ping in the few servres <50ms.

//youtu.be/3xqc5-N1zQk

Edit: ISSUE FIXED

As Stoffifee pointed is a bad routing by my ISP from (19 to 23h aprox daily), nothing to do with SD.