Shot through wall, then knifed from a long distance away.

(Senethro) #1

I’m not sure how precise Echo can get, so I hope this information is useful. AT 20:26-20:27 GMT on Tuesday on whatever server I was active on at the time, I was apparently shot through a very thick wall on Whitechapel. I was on the small slope from Defenders Spawn 2 to the courtyard in front of the Chapel building. After being revived I think I was then knifed by a guy who hadn’t yet rounded the corner, and so had to be at least 15m away, but I’m not totally sure.

Difficult to tell what happened, it might look completely normal play to the server, I may have been experiencing a client issue.

(nailzor) #2

This could be a couple different things. I have actually shot people through walls, not when they have just ran for cover or anti-lag related — but when they have been crouched behind a wall for a bit and there is an animation their player is doing, causing their knee/elbow/etc to poke out from the wall and it is actually “hit-able”

Also if you get knifed from out of nowhere, sometimes it is because a player’s body was stuck in a wall when they were revived and now they are running around invisible knifing everyone :wink:

(INF3RN0) #3

A few things;

1. Ghostcam shows a delay on the kill, which actually was achieved when you were in visible sight.
  2. You experienced the random delay death (randomly people will get very loooong damage registry lag)
  3. Your killer was invisible (happened the other day)

(j4b) #4

I heard about ghosts got a little delay but y it also feels i was allready a meter behind the wall befor i die?

(Senethro) #5

No, I’m not whining about how I was totally behind a wall on my screen and shouldn’t have died :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m saying I had just spawned, didn’t see anyone and died with a nice death laser appearing to pass straight through a wall!

Could have been an invisible player I guess.