Converting map from ETQW SDK to CS:GO SDK

(pazur) #1

Hi,

I once started building a ETWQ map that I never finished (few screenshots here: http://pazurmapping.com/pkin_gal.htm).

Now I would like to convert it to a map in Counter Strike Global Offensive. Total brushes are more than 10K so I don’t want to throw that away.

Any suggestions and ideas? Something that preserves brushes would be perfect but not sure if that’s possible.

Pazur

(.Chris.) #2

Export to obj or ase.

(pazur) #3

Isn’t the Source engine a derivative Quake engine? The SC:GO SDK feels very much like the very first Radiants so I guess they have common roots.

I know the World Editor can import .map but can it export it? Maybe this could act as a meta-format somehow? Is it really only ase and obj? I also wonder about texture tiling when I export. Will it be really seamless?

(Indloon) #4

[QUOTE=pazur;425593]Isn’t the Source engine a derivative Quake engine? The SC:GO SDK feels very much like the very first Radiants so I guess they have common roots.

I know the World Editor can import .map but can it export it? Maybe this could act as a meta-format somehow? Is it really only ase and obj? I also wonder about texture tiling when I export. Will it be really seamless?[/QUOTE]

SC:GO SDK world creating tool( Hammer ) hasn’t changed much since its initial release of GoldSrc, which is based on Quake engine( Id Tech 1 ).

Maybe export map to Google SketchUp format, then export it to the .vmf format, which is supported by CS:GO world editing tool.

And I do believe that you have to reapply textures on brushes after doing that.

(.Chris.) #5

ET:QW editor can only save it’s maps in .world and export selected stuff to .obj and.ase model formats.

(pazur) #6

OBJ to SketchUp should be possible. Will give it a try. Another possibility I think of is exporting the hull of the skyscraper building as OBJ and then re-building interior in the CS:GO Hammer Editor itself.