[BUG] Medpacks spread

(Runeforce) #1

I remember reading a post about this in the past, but could not find the thread, so here is a seperate thread.

The medpack spread is a pain! When throwing serveral medpacks, without moving or adjusting the view, the medpacks should end up in the same place (i.e. “inside” each other.) This technique is a standard practice used by medics, so medpacks will be easier to pick up. The current spread of the distribution (and the huge size of the packs) require users to “hunt” for them. (Picking up medpacks should be easy.)

I consider that the medpacks don’t stack (“inside” each other) a bug. (I hope it’s possible to implement in UE.)

And totally unreleated: telling the difference between ammo and medpacks is still too hard.

(Loffy) #2

I agree. It might not seem like a big thing, but that random spread is annoying and it affects my gaming experience. And those packs (ammo and med) are hard to differentiate. They both have roughly the same height, for example. Perhaps make one of them taller (stretch model vertically)?

(Mustang) #3

Whats the problem with them lying next to each other?

Overlapping med packs wouldn’t look very nice and one completely inside the other is misrepresenting and would probably result in z-fighting issues.

(acQu) #4

It’s not a bug, but something i would like to have changed as well. W:ET style stacking never bothered me and would be my prefered way. Z-Fighting wouldn’t bother me as well. I find the unrealistic physics more annoying compared to that, kinda hurts my head watching how the physics work :smiley: