Interview with Marko of MLB-Map Makers

(ailmanki) #1

Check out The Bunker Times vol. 105, contains a nice interview with Marko from MLB-Map Makers

(Mateos) #2

Interesting, I already knew few details but there’s a whole story there :slight_smile:

(Ravaged in best 2012 games, really? o.o)

(-SSF-Sage) #3

Nice read. but seriously 50 hours to make a map. I’d say more like 500 lol, and I’ve worked with gtk almost daily for 6 years. :smiley:

(Mateos) #4

I guess if you have planned every point of a map in advance it takes less ^^’ because then you don’t think about how to make this or this part, nor what to put in this area to fill it up so it doesn’t look empty :slight_smile:

Well, I believe and see it this way :slight_smile:

(diaboliksmart) #5

But 5000 hours for players xD

nice MLB interview !!! thanks Bunker team :slight_smile:

(-SSF-Sage) #6

Well when you get into that special mood and know exactly what to do, suddenly things progress weeks in just hours. For me that seems to happen once a year max. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember when I worked with Avoc, I was amazed with the speed he created things.

(FireFly) #7

Snoid: Would you consider making another map for the 10th anniversary of Wolfenstein ET?

Mark: Why not. I’ll just have to get good inspiration once again :slight_smile:

That would be and excellent idea!

(.Chris.) #8

Marko got me making maps instead of pestering him to make my plans :slight_smile: Good guy.

(macbeth) #9

marko been one of the best mappers for ET
i been testing with him and few others all his maps , sad than he stopped to make new ET maps
@Chris no way to have you back on ET ?

(.Chris.) #10

[QUOTE=macbeth;429411]marko been one of the best mappers for ET
i been testing with him and few others all his maps , sad than he stopped to make new ET maps
@Chris no way to have you back on ET ?[/QUOTE]

I have one last map that was never finished that may get a release some time.

(Mateos) #11

Oh, interesting :slight_smile:

I would propose help if needed, but I’ve less and less free time these days, so… :confused: At least I may be able to test and give feedback, if you need :slight_smile:

(macbeth) #12

guys we really need new ET maps