Finishing matches

(Oopstwice) #1

I notice that people get irritated when you do not take your turn quick enough. It may be that time zones play a part in this. When taking a turn late at night you may not return before next day. How can we keep it fun for all? Chat may be an option so that you can explain that u may be offline for a while. What do you guys think.?

(iamloneliness) #2

Yes, I think so
just wait for dev add chat system :slight_smile:

(tinker) #3

same here
I don’t get the problem – is it the waiting time? then your title is irritating! If it IS about the waiting time then we already have like 10 open threads about JUST that topic

If I open up 20 games I rarely wait more than 5mins in the first hour and rarely more than 10 minutes for ANY reply after that. most of the time 2-5 opponents answer within 1 minute and I have to speed up to be as fast as they are. And if I want to play exactly one game on exactly one map vs ONE player - I just ask in the forum who will be online for about 1 hour for fast answers.

(Oopstwice) #4

[QUOTE=tinker;424003]same here
I don’t get the problem – is it the waiting time? then your title is irritating! If it IS about the waiting time then we already have like 10 open threads about JUST that topic

If I open up 20 games I rarely wait more than 5mins in the first hour and rarely more than 10 minutes for ANY reply after that. most of the time 2-5 opponents answer within 1 minute and I have to speed up to be as fast as they are. And if I want to play exactly one game on exactly one map vs ONE player - I just ask in the forum who will be online for about 1 hour for fast answers.[/QUOTE]

Ok
I see what u mean. I wait for overseas players 20 hour at times. I understand that. I see yr point and if the player replies quickly, I woud continue, however, after more than 1 hr, I assume, they will come back later. I’ll try to improve my m.o.

(Coup_de_grace) #5

Maybe what you can do is to set up new games at your own different time. One set in the morning, noon and night. That way you might capture more people of your time zone and may also overlap with more people of different time zones instead of creating 20 new games in an hour.

(Bwade) #6

When the bees hit you its does 20 damage but the dot does 10 just like juans molatov it says it does 30 damage but it does only 30 when hit and 12 over time

(RazerFazer) #7

Um… A bit random lol

(Bwade) #8

LOOLLL!!! Wrong thread thanks

(Tarq) #9

I think allowing your opponent the time load up on soda and Smarties - while twitching fingers obsessively tap the Refresh button - until his sugar rush won’t allow him more than 10 seconds when considering his moves, is a legitimate tactic.

The other game I play online has long turns and a rate of 1/day is considered standard. It’s so slow the mode is actually called “Play By E-Mail” rather than “asynchronous”! So I have trouble drumming up much sympathy for people pissed because the anonymous stranger they were randomly paired with isn’t returning turns fast enough to suit them. I used to think 1/day was way too slow. But for a good game it wasn’t hard to develop a little patience. With RAD Soldiers it’s easy to find more opponents, so I’m not concerned if I take awhile to get a turn out or if someone’s taking their time getting back to me. I can always start another game. Or do something else. Heck, I can post here if things get really bad.

I remember when people played games via snail-mail. Now those dudes were crazy.